Usable grip area on the Mini CQC-15?

Dadpool

Gold Member
I love the look of the Mini CQC-15 (and unlike its larger brother, the blade length is legal here), but I have somewhat large hands and the "horns" on the Mini 15 concern me a bit. I don't have anywhere neaby to handle one, so I'm curious if folks who own one would mind weighing in on how much usable grip area that handle provides.

My palm is 3.5" at the widest point. I get a comfortable but slightly crowded grip on my Mini CQC-7, which has a lovely neutral handle shape -- the whole thing is grippable. My grip is more relaxed and even more comfortable on, say, a Spyderco Para Military 2, which has a longer handle than the Mini 7.

How's the grip area on the Mini 15? What's the distance between the far ends of the two handle choils?

Edited to add: Might the very similar Mini Commander, which lacks the horn near the butt, be a better fit?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! :thumbsup::)

I had the same concerns. I was even concerend with the full size 15. I went with a roadhouse. Great handle.

With a deeper dive on Google, I found a pic comparing the PM2, which I own, to the Mini 15, and used it compare my grip on the section of the PM2 that matches the usable space on the 15. It's a no-go for me size-wise.

I'm eyeballing the full-size CQC-7 (I have a Mini, and I've come to find it too small) and the Mini-Commander as good alternatives.

It is 3 1/4 " at the narrowest point.

So yah, your hand would be cramped.

Good luck deciding which Emerson you want next!

Was gonna say I could mail you my factory scales if you paid shipping and you could feel them up if you want lol

Was gonna say I could mail you my factory scales if you paid shipping and you could feel them up if you want lol

That's very generous of you -- thank you!

I went with the Mini Commander instead, and I love it.

uaKOcyR.jpg

FYI I am crazy for my mini 15, I thought like you that my hand would be cramped but it's just right, and so far it's my favorite which is saying a lot cause my bulldog was my favorite as well

My bulldog is also just right, but I would like a big bulldog or a 7 or 7v

Back