• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Important Info! USPS's package dashboard my.usps.com increases package tracking accountability!

choombak

Gold Member
USPS has been making some impressive technological changes quietly, since I did not see this advertised. A new "Package Dashboard" service, at my.usps.com, smartly pulls tracking numbers for inbound packages. What this means is anytime a package enters the USPS system bound for me, the dashboard will pick up this tracking and start showing it. It does away with "I'll send you tracking later today evening", and hopefully will reduce the GBU threads on missing tracking. For a recent deal on the exchange, I had the package tracking# in the dashboard as soon as it was scanned at the PO. You can add tracking# to the dashboard, and it is very mobile friendly (shows up neat on any mobile device). Impressive stuff.

I have been using it for the last few months, and barring a package or two, all packages show up on the dashboard. I believe it requires registering with my.usps.com (or login with your existing usps.com credentials and sign-up for this service).

Screen%252520Shot%2525202016-02-22%252520at%2525209.53.56%252520AM.png

Last edited:
I am one of those "I will E-mail you tracking later" guys and used that line on the OP recently. A short while later I got a PM telling me he had the tracking number already and of course it was a perfect match!!!!

This will prove to be a great checks and balances feature of tracking. This will slow down or stop the "I sent you tracking" lines when no tracking was sent and stop the "I lost the tracking number" excuse used by scammers.

Thanks for letting us know the USPS is catching up with the future.........................

Yes, this is pretty neat. I have been using it for a while now. I get email updates anytime a package is sent to my address ... even ones I didn't know about! Yes, pretty neat indeed.

USPS, FedEx, and UPS all offer this kind of service now as well. It's a huge help and I hope people here begin to adopt it because it will alleviate so many headaches, as you mentioned.

I highly recommend signing up for UPS My Choice and FedEx Delivery Manager.

Just don't peek at your Dashboard when you are not expecting something, or you risk ruining surprises. ;)

~ P.

Yeah, I update tracking numbers in paypal and also send PMs or emails notifying the shipment, makes it easy for the recipient to receive the info. Anything to make the buyer feel more at ease is fine by me :)

Back