Vic hunter pro

I bumped into a blade recently that I found interesting, perhaps in blaze orange. The Vic hunter pro with a single 4 inch blade. I have seen a few references about the blade being 440C steel, but I am sceptical. Does anyone know the actual blade steel composition ? Thanks

I bumped into a blade recently that I found interesting, perhaps in blaze orange. The Vic hunter pro with a single 4 inch blade. I have seen a few references about the blade being 440C steel, but I am sceptical. Does anyone know the actual blade steel composition ? Thanks

This website says:
"In creating the Hunter Pro, Victorinox decided to go with American 440C Stainless Steel, with a Rockwell hardness of 56."

I wonder if that is different from their classic SAK line.

This model was featured in the movie "The Martian", by the way. Only other random fact I'd add is there are some reports of vertical blade play (it's a lockback), but I wonder now if that has been corrected.

This website says:
"In creating the Hunter Pro, Victorinox decided to go with American 440C Stainless Steel, with a Rockwell hardness of 56."

I wonder if that is different from their classic SAK line.

This model was featured in the movie "The Martian", by the way. Only other random fact I'd add is there are some reports of vertical blade play (it's a lockback), but I wonder now if that has been corrected.

Thanks for the reply bud. I had more time and snooped around the web a bit. It seems to have good reviews. Might pick one up in orange.

I have the black one. It's 440C steel and I love the knife. Good feeling in hand, strong locking mechanism with no blade play and it is easy to sharpen. It slices from veggies to meat like a champ. Wood work too.

1e2mwl.jpg

i769lf.jpg

Last edited:
Back