Victorinox 108mm series

A couple of weeks ago I bought my third knife from the Victorinox 108mm series: a Solo. I already had a Trooper (GAK) and Safari Pathfinder. In my opinion these are great SAK's.

The handles have a nice shape. In fact, I like this shape a bit more than those on the 111mm series, because these handles allow me to apply other grips. Applying other kinds grips on the 111mm scales than the 'normal' one feels a bit inconvenient to me. I know these knives were not designed for bushcraft and such, but I do sometimes use them for cutting wood. Here in the Netherlands I don't carry fixed knives when I go into the woods.

I haven't used the saw and the can opener (or is it a bottle opener only?) yet, but they look okay. Perhaps anyone else has tried them?

Victorinox108mm.jpg

And since pictures are always great, please post pictures of your Victorinox 108mm knives.

Yes I love the 108mm series of SAKs. I use the saw a LOT at work for cutting wallboard and installing network jacks. My favorite is the Safari Pathfinder, just the saw/combo tool and main blade. THIN is in ya know. :)

Nice collection you have there.

My Collection is:
Red Safari Trooper
Green Safari Trooper
Red Safari Pathfinder
Red Solo Plus
Red Solo

Bunch of GAK/SAK Mausers, none in collectible shape, I tend to really USE them.
Will post up pictures when I get a minute. :)
Need to get more.

The Safari (the red one on the left in your picture) was my first SAK. That was thirty-some years ago. There are those who think the 108's w/saw are the ultimate survival knife. I prefer the Farmer, but not by much. I have 4 or 5 108's floating around. After seeing your pics, I think I'm going to go put one in my pocket now. :)

Oh yeah...the bottle opener also works on cans.

The 108's are some of my favorite knives.

I've two red Safari Troopers
one green Safari Trooper
about four of the Solo's
and four GAK's

I have a Safari Hunter Stag on sale

Can accept a GAK from Victorinox or Aitor manuf.

Sold for $65 shipped / PayPal

Cheers,

SAKV.

necroposting :)

[video=youtube;Sh8mNjeuyV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Sh8mNjeuyV4[/video]

Hi Jacknife

If you are interested in trading a one of your GAKs for a Trooper Stag, please PM your email address, I can send you pics

I'm interested on GAKs

SAKV.

Hi Jacknife

If you are interested in trading a one of your GAKs for a Trooper Stag, please PM your email address, I can send you pics

I'm interested on GAKs

SAKV.

You should understand (1) that you are posting a more the 4.5 year old thread and (2) that the poster you are replying to hasn't posed on BF in 17 months.

Also, as a registered only member, soliciting trades, making veiled references to wanting to make a deal, or joking about liking someone's knife so much you want to buy it or trade for it will get you one of these from a MOD....

The saw is great! Limbed out a big Christmas tree with one. Probably 15-20 branches with little effort.

Here's most of my 108's.

Troopers and GAKs (early group shot, probably less than half of current).
108mmSAKs_zpsb0ea2bc7.jpg

Trooper, Pathfinder, Solo Plus and Solo.
Red108mm_zps659a44df.jpg

Then found these put back in a box (didn't know I had them).
3-108s_zps135c486e.jpg

The 108's are a neglected area of my collection. I really need to get a current group shot. Maybe after it warms up next week.

Sorry forum users for my miss understanding about forums rules.

I don't want to be looked like I'm violating the established norms.

Sincerely,

SAKV.

The saw is great! Limbed out a big Christmas tree with one. Probably 15-20 branches with little effort.

Here's most of my 108's.

Troopers and GAKs (early group shot, probably less than half of current).
108mmSAKs_zpsb0ea2bc7.jpg

Trooper, Pathfinder, Solo Plus and Solo.
Red108mm_zps659a44df.jpg

Then found these put back in a box (didn't know I had them).
3-108s_zps135c486e.jpg

The 108's are a neglected area of my collection. I really need to get a current group shot. Maybe after it warms up next week.

I don'r care how warm it gets next week, "I just can't warm up to these 108's".:D

It depends I bougt a solo when I was in Germany years ago with the sleeve and the few I've bought since then didn't have the sleeve.

Back