Victorinox Classic

What percentage of your normal, everyday knife tasks do you think you could accomplish with just a Classic?

For me a good guess would be about 75%. The only thing I really need another knife for is food prep.

That's my guess too. Sometimes you need something heavier, but most of the time (depending on your job) a small blade is good enough.

For me, not much. Its not that a small blade couldn't handle a good bit of what I do, but the small handel. I have problems getting a secure grap on something as small as the classic. To compond matters, I broke my wrist badly years ago and trying to hold on to something as small as the classic for longer than a few minutes causes a great deal of discomfort. Carrying a bigger knife isn't always about the blade size.

Leo

Lion said:
Its not that a small blade couldn't handle a good bit of what I do, but the small handel.
Leo

I hadn't looked at it from he handle end, but you are right, for some jobs, having a good grip is more important than the length of the blade. Utility knives, Exacto knives and scalpels are examples that come to mind now that you've brought up the point.

Back