Victorinox Swiss Army Hook Use

Here's an illustrated Vic. SAK hook use.

SAK_Funktionen_06_ParcelHook.gif

Also this video made some years ago:

[video=youtube;PVEZl-32iTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVEZl-32iTE[/video]

Victorinox AG Swiss Army said:
Q. What is the purpose of the hook on my Swiss Army knife?
A. It is also called a parcel carrier, in which you put the string of a parcel on the hook instead of your hand to make transportation that much easier.
That's what I found on the Swiss Army website. So there's many uses for the hook, but a "parcel carrier?"

Someone else mention para cord. The hook is great for finishing up knife handle wraps.

I ground a phillips driver into the end of the hook on my compact, works well. Only used the hook once to pull a wire fence tight.

They work great for fish stringers and buckets with wire bails

Never thought of the fish stringers, but one time, I was pulling crab traps on a friend's boat, and he used pretty fine line. the hook would have worked well, since he forgot an extra set of gloves.

Great video! It just happens that my son and I were discussing the uses for the hook a couple of hours ago. I managed to tell him to come and watch this video with a straight face and a some what serious tone of voice.

If you look at the video closely, the glasses fall in and land upside down. Look at the temple pieces and the direction of the part that bends around the ears. When he goes to fish them out, they are right side up.

Ric

Great video! It just happens that my son and I were discussing the uses for the hook a couple of hours ago. I managed to tell him to come and watch this video with a straight face and a some what serious tone of voice.

If you look at the video closely, the glasses fall in and land upside down. Look at the temple pieces and the direction of the part that bends around the ears. When he goes to fish them out, they are right side up.

Ric

Lol! I thought something looked strange.

I think its one of the more non useful tools they have, but the best use of It Ive heard it to pull out tent pegs.

Great video! . . .If you look at the video closely, the glasses fall in and land upside down. Look at the temple pieces and the direction of the part that bends around the ears. When he goes to fish them out, they are right side up.

Ric
I noticed that straightaway, but funny video nonetheless.

I use mine to take up space on the SAK where something more useful could reside. :)

I'm with powernoodle.

I use mine for the same reason Victorinox uses it - fill the empty gap on the back spring.

Can anyone tell what is being pulled in the drawing below the tin can?

I'm with powernoodle.

I use mine for the same reason Victorinox uses it - fill the empty gap on the back spring.

Can anyone tell what is being pulled in the drawing below the tin can?

Ah ha! I had to study it a bit as i just glossed over it before. hint. You can see a tent in the background!

Back