Victorinox wish list (or I wish they made this)

1. A Victorinox Electricians knife that looks like the TL-29 with Glow in the dark Alox Handles.

2. Tinker Swiss Army knife with glow in the dark Alox handles.

3. Recruit Swiss Army knife with Glow in the dark Alox Handles

4. Classic Swiss Army Electrican's knife with Glow in the dark Alox Handles.
Do you tend to lose your SAKs in the dark?

I would like to see a curved jaw flush cutting cuticle nipper. This is one of my most used blades. Even the big guy doesn't have one.IMG_2414.jpg IMG_5.jpg

PirateSeulb: no i don't do that but i like the look and the feel of the Alox handle material also Victorinox does not make glow in the dark alox handles and i think that they should.

I want 111mm sized alox. A cadet with scissors or an awl instead of the useless nail file would be a second choice.

Lots of good suggestions here. Somebody mentioned it upgrading the blade steel. Since we're wishing, here's what I'd ask from my genie...

93mm alox frame. Large main blade (upgraded to M390 steel) with awl. Cap lifter/driver and electrician's blade side by side, inline Phillips on the other side.

PirateSeulb: no i don't do that but i like the look and the feel of the Alox handle material also Victorinox does not make glow in the dark alox handles and i think that they should.

I'm still curious as to how they are supposed to make aluminum glow in the dark.

I'm with you on the alox rambler. It's my favorite model but I can't find an alox for under $100

My wish list contains a Rescue Tool, but I find it too expensive for a tool that only stays in the car. I already have life hammers plus a well used Huntsman in the car.

Besides that I whish they would make a one layer Alox model with only knife and scissors, because those I use the most. I have a Pioneer X, but I find a little bit too bulky. So a Pioneer X whith just a knife and scissors. (oh and maybe a removable belt/pocketclip)

I wish I could buy a Compact with the corkscrew replaced with the Phillips driver and an awl in place of the hook.

I wish I could buy a Compact with the corkscrew replaced with the Phillips driver and an awl in place of the hook.
I'll second that! I've seen some customs done in exactly that way and they look great!

I found myself wanting a brighter version of my GAK- found a guy on Ebay selling OHT PE with Rescue scales!! Perfect for a bang around camping/ bush beating folder for my sleeve pocket. I even get the toothpick and tweezers :) Would be even better with addition of a short sheeps feet blade but I would not want it wider that it is so I call it done.

Bill

If they made a recruit with just the main blade, cap lifter / flat blade, and one of the square shank Phillips drivers, I'd probably try one out.

...I whish they would make a one layer Alox model with only knife and scissors, because those I use the most. I have a Pioneer X, but I find a little bit too bulky. So a Pioneer X whith just a knife and scissors. (oh and maybe a removable belt/pocketclip)

The scissors takes up a whole layer by itself, so the knife would have to be two layers. The positive side is this allows you to add an awl (or a combo tool) without adding any thickness to the knife.

I have two such knives. The blue knife in the top photo is the 2016 VSAKCS knife. The orange one in the bottom photo is a mod by the great Bob Lessard.

RJOoCLh.jpg

W3wWNn9.jpg

The scissors takes up a whole layer by itself, so the knife would have to be two layers. The positive side is this allows you to add an awl (or a combo tool) without adding any thickness to the knife.

I have two such knives. The blue knife in the top photo is the 2016 VSAKCS knife. The orange one in the bottom photo is a mod by the great Bob Lessard.

RJOoCLh.jpg

W3wWNn9.jpg
I realised that, bit still want one. An Aloxe with a knife, scissors, and a combo tool.

How about a Victorinox magic-wand that we could use to make the goofy hook on cellidor models disappear!?

What would be the most useless Vic? I think it would only have 4 tools: the aforementioned hook, the fish-scaler/hook disgorger, the magnifying glass, and the nail file.

Back