Vote: Best Looking Spyderco

Looking over my collection of strange knives with holes in their blades, I find the stainless Dragonfly to be the best looking.
It is small, the clip could be made where the knife sits deeper in the pocket, and the ergos can be beat by other models. It simply has the prettiest lines, balance and symmetry in the collection.
Second place goes to the Micarta Calypso,third place to the S/S Calypso, and fourth goes to the trusty G-10 Standard.
What do you think ?
Bill

Gotta' vote for the Centofante models.

------------------
Dave

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of More Knives

Lum does it for me...

------------------
AKTI Member #A000832

"A man's got to know his limitations." - Dirty Harry

Howard Viele's C42 with the mixture of stainless and micarta scales this knife has a real classy look to it. Also the Japanese symbol and Viels's three round holes add to the unique look.

Phrede

------------------
"Never sweat the petty things, or pet the sweaty things."

My vote goes to the Viele. It is the knife I am most likely to carry just for "show"
smile.gif

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

All the above are very nice, but I've taken a liking to the Jot Khalsa lately. It's strange, but pretty.

But the absolute king IMHO is the plain edge, large calypso.

C27 as jewellery (small and eyewateringly beautiful), large Calypso/Cento II as bestlooking larger knives.

For me it's gotta be either the Starmate or Military. And the C22 carbon fiber Walker. I don't think there is just one best looking Spydie!

------------------
Dexter Ewing
AKTI Member # A000005

Living life "on the edge"

Without a doubt...Wayne Goddard Micarta

------------------
EXCUSE ME WHILE I WHIP THIS OUT.
**Blazing Saddles**

Ever a fan of the mighty fixed blade, I vote for the Moran. However, I do kinda like the looks of the Starmate.
tongue.gif

My vote goes to the Micarta Calypso, Jr. with the Carbon Fiber Dragonfly a very close second.

Hmmm...tough question. I like the Co-Pilot, and the improved co-pilot(as I like to call it), the Pegasus.

I sure like the stainless Dragonfly myself. I carry it everyday. I've been waiting for a plain edge Starmate for months. For now, I can only admire the picture I pinned up above my workbench. To me, it has quite a striking appearance. Once, I showed my wife pictures of the Spyderco knives I wanted and asked her which she liked best. She said, "The Starmate. It looks like a shark in the water." I think more like a crocadile.

[This message has been edited by ptn (edited 03-14-2000).]

double post....sorry

[This message has been edited by ptn (edited 03-14-2000).]

Hey,
I like the LOOKS of the Lum, but I've only seen photographs of it over the last two years. I've never held it or examined it up close.
It started out with G-10 scales and was beautiful. The titanium model equals it.
But let's try to keep the subject on available models. The Lum is a phantom IMO,
and it won't hit the streets for at least 6-8 months.
I've already gone back and viewed a lot of models mentioned in this thread. All are available and can be purchased readily.
The Lum, well...it's been a frustration ever since I fell for it.
Bill

Back