Was unable to post before the lock -- new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this all boils down to intent, as has been mentioned.

now, posting ren's personal info, in and of itself, is not that egregious. facebook, myspace, and the internet in general, there is a lot of information out there. those particularly skilled at deciphering cyberspace are able to acquire atm pin numbers, social security numbers, tax info, all with far more harmful results.

it is my opinion that ryp posting ren's information was simply a form of posturing. ren got under his skin, and ryp's response was basically to say:

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE MOTHER FUCKER! I KNOW WHO YOUR WIFE IS, AND I KNOW WHERE YOU BOTH WORK! GO AHEAD AND SAY SOMETHING ELSE!"

veiled threat? perhaps. ryp has demonstrated several times he is not above such behavior.

actual threat? doubtful. but i would certainly be annoyed as well.

remember, mr. ryp, you are a public figure. we are not. we are just a bunch of semi-anonymous guys and gals who like knives.

I have to add a little here... When I saw Ren's & Mrs. RTDT's info posted, I personally saw it as both a veiled thread and an open invitation for anyone who wants to impress or "back up" RYP, to hassle them both by using this info to do so off the forums. Almost like the Mantis Militia situation from a year or so ago, but worse, and with bad intentions. Why else would he post their contact info in his forum? He could have PM'd Ren with it to get the "I know where you are, muthafrakker." message across... Or just called him. Frankly I suspect that it was a veiled call to arms by a forum's 'leader' to try and bully Ren, and also his wife who has done absolutely nothing to deserve this. :thumbdn:

I admit I don't know all the girl slaps that are available to me as a moderater.

slap_27094.gif

Congrats on 7K , CJ !!

All good posts !

1234,,,,,,,:D

thanks Numbers.:thumbup:

I am amazed at how much you watch the numbers Numbers. :confused::D

You are a real person on the internet right?

Please tell me you are not fake like bushybushy?

In my short 4 months of being on this forum, I have never seen a thread with 8 lines of members viewing it at one time . . . this had got to be some sort of record.
Be safe.

But if someone attacks them, their choices, their enthusiasm or constantly seeks attention...for no good reason other than to seek attention. Then shouldn't he be prepared to get that attention? Not just from me but from the hundreds of people he is constantly insulting?

You are welcome to focus on me and the decision to introduce him to the DPx folks, but perhaps we can focus on Ren's actions, his public profile and perhaps you can defend his actions as an adult on this forum. If that is appropriate behavior let me know.

Encouraging your fanboys to cyberstalk Ren's family isn't a nice thing to do.

I disagree with most of the things that Ren posts. Frequently, tequila is a factor with his posts. He is immature, bizarre, posts poo pics, and seems convinced we're at war with Canada. You don't need to take Ren seriously, he is nearly retarded -- but we all like him because he is a good guy with a good heart who has had a rough life. And you want to mess with his family.

A sociopathic egomaniac is incapable of admitting he was wrong or apologizing. You just keep pushing it. You are clearly spinning out of control. I advice you to start drinking heavily. Scotch would be a good choice, but you strike me as a Cosmopolitan swigging metrosexual with neatly manicured fingernails.

Seriously, chug a bottle of scotch and take a break from posting here for a week. If you come back, apologize for what you done and try to tone down the attitude and do better in the future . . . if that is even possible for you. You keep acting the way you are and your business and reputation are going to crash and burn. I hath prognosticated thusly.

Holy habaneros CJ, how did you get to 7k so fast? Post ho, PM me all your private/personal info and I'll send you a knife... :thumbup:

I disagree with most of the things that Ren posts. Frequently, tequila is a factor with his posts. He is immature, bizarre, posts poo pics, and seems convinced we're at war with Canada. You don't need to take Ren seriously, he is nearly retarded -- but we all like him because he is a good guy with a good heart who has had a rough life.

Yep.:thumbup:

Wow...I just don't know how to feel right now. I have always been a huge RYP supporter, and I agree if someone E'Fs with you, F them BUT...To mess with their family? I just don’t know how I feel about that. I mean I know, I know, the info was out there but... It just seems like dirty pool. Post all the dirt on the original offender ya want but, I'd have to draw the line at this family. I'm just a little disappointed right now. We'll see what time will bring. I think this situation can still be salvaged, but then again, I'm a very positive person. :)

In my short 4 months of being on this forum, I have never seen a thread with 8 lines of members viewing it at one time . . . this had got to be some sort of record.
Be safe.

i only see 5. you must have a tiny screen.

and apparently you haven't been to a busse ganza.

Hi.

I also have a personal flaw.

I'm an asshole.

Maybe you think I'm a "coward" who is "hiding behind an alias" because I chose not to post my legal name and physical address on this forum. I have valid reasons for that. I've met numerous folks who post here and I'm easy enough to find -- good luck finding a pic though.

Well, I'm not going to comment on your knives or the way you choose to run your business. I have not handled one of your knives. I know that Dick Marcinko and Bear Grylls have used their personalities and reputations to market overpriced inferior products to easily impressed wannabes. Do not know if that is the case here or if your knives are actually as great as you claim.

What I am going to comment on is your attitude. You have an abundance of it. You have so much attitude that I doubt you can back it up. I have met some seriously badassed folks who don't even have half the attitude of you. Having an attitude on the internet does not make you a badass. Being a war correspondent or passing through "dangerous" countries and bullshitting about all the stuff you done and saw doesn't make you a badass either. And posting Ren's home address and pic was kinda screwy, but posting his wife's name and place of employment was downright freakish. Why would you do such a thing?

Robert, with all due respect, I am of the opinion that you are a bullshitter and a sleazebag and a deranged egomaniac. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I don't think so. Even if you are some sorta super-badass the likes of which I've never met, your attitude does not fly here. I am not the only one who feels this way about your inappropriate posts. You need to stop acting like such a jerk.

You have a nice day. :)

Holy shit man, you see what you caused?? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Instigators !

Please return your LE/Folder#xxx to the address shown below and we will initiate a refund upon receipt.

I am sorry you no longer want your knife, but we respect your decision in spite of a number of "Bladeforums" members who have instigated much disinformation regarding the DPx HEST First Run/Limited Edition folders.

We appreciate your support!

Regards,

Linda
DPx Gear

Oh my !

1234,,,,:D

I just keep thinking that there are at least 10 guys out there with DPX tattoos right now and I'm wondering what they're thinking. lol

You know I am going to respond to this thread although I should not. Mr. Pelton I will take the high road and apologize for some of the things I posted. I have been a collector and purveyor of knives for over 35 years. My personal collection is valued at best estimate of over $100k. I have been a presence in the knife industry for years. That said, I am uncomfortable with your machoism. Its tough enough defending my right to carry knives and firearms as it is. Your macho talk just gives fuel to those who wish to strip us of our rights. You can fly off to burma or whereever but I have responsibilities here at home. You threaten my rights with your talk. With regards to your HEST F it is unfortunate that quality control was not in place and an inferior product was shipped. i applaud you for making it right for your customers. But I have to say I was really creeped out when you post my work and my wifes work info and numbers on this forum without my permission. WTF was that about. Monday morning I will now be filing compliance documents with home office incase I am now audited by FINRA or the SEC. Thanks for that by the way. Way out of line.

As for everyone else. I think everyone has said their piece any more said would be redundant. So I again am taking the high road and asking that we leave it at that and give Mr Pelton a break from the ass raping...

Thank you,

Ren

Paging Ren....

I am not justifying anything. I typed in "Hello Ren" on top of his info and one post. The guy should be ashamed of himself for thinking that if you post multiple stupid insulting posts about a person that it wouldn't come to that person's attention.

I think the bottom line here is that responsible adults take responsibility for their words. His actions were puerile and designed to provoke a response. He didnt get the response he expected. My response was to invite him into this community with the same standing and respect that everyone else has here.

Every one of our customers is known to us and we support them in any way possible.

But if someone attacks them, their choices, their enthusiasm or constantly seeks attention...for no good reason other than to seek attention. Then shouldn't he be prepared to get that attention? Not just from me but from the hundreds of people he is constantly insulting?

You are welcome to focus on me and the decision to introduce him to the DPx folks, but perhaps we can focus on Ren's actions, his public profile and perhaps you can defend his actions as an adult on this forum. If that is appropriate behavior let me know.

RYP, as a person who makes a living as a journalist, I think you understand the ebb and flow of questions and answers. I may have been vague in my question of your intent which, in turn, invited an equally vague response. If I may, let me be clear in my question. Did you compile and release the personal information of a forum member and his wife (who as far as I can tell did not post anywhere and had no involvement) without permission and with the intent of intimidating that forum member into ceasing derogatory comments towards your products and followers? And, if so, Why such a drastic step?

By the way, My name is Alan Hare. You know me as Bink Hare. I am one of your facebook friends and have been for a while, feel free to look me up. I respect what you do, have done, and stand for. Because of this, I expect a no bullshit answer to my questions.

With Respect,
Alan Hare

you guys crack me up, you are talking to RYP like he is some knife maker business man. in reality this is a guy who deals with crazy M-Fers on a regular basis who decided to make a stout knife and offer it to people who need it. where he made the mistake was allowing all of you vaginas to order one. How can you possibly expect a businessman response from someone who makes a living dealing with HOSTILE people?!?! You all (well..maybe some of you) know that if you were talked to the way you talk to him, you would be throwing punches and breaking ribs.

DPX's FIRST folder EVER had one freakin flaw and you jump on it like flies on shit. To me, that's just pathetic..if you don't want the freakin knife then don't buy it/return it..there are plenty of people waiting in line who don't give a flying "F" about this stupid ef-n blog who will be happy to take your knife. in fact - if you don't want yours send them to me, ill pay the freakin shipping...

Ren- bottom line is this, dont poke the lion with your stick and then act surprised when he eats you...

adios dumb mofos

You know I am going to respond to this thread although I should not. Mr. Pelton I will take the high road and apologize for some of the things I posted. I have been a collector and purveyor of knives for over 35 years. My personal collection is valued at best estimate of over $100k. I have been a presence in the knife industry for years. That said, I am uncomfortable with your machoism. Its tough enough defending my right to carry knives and firearms as it is. Your macho talk just gives fuel to those who wish to strip us of our rights. You can fly off to burma or whereever but I have responsibilities here at home. You threaten my rights with your talk. With regards to your HEST F it is unfortunate that quality control was not in place and an inferior product was shipped. i applaud you for making it right for your customers. But I have to say I was really creeped out when you post my work and my wifes work info and numbers on this forum without my permission. WTF was that about. Monday morning I will now be filing compliance documents with home office incase I am now audited by FINRA or the SEC. Thanks for that by the way. Way out of line.

As for everyone else. I think everyone has said their piece any more said would be redundant. So I again am taking the high road and asking that we leave it at that and give Mr Pelton a break from the ass raping...

Thank you,

Ren

Thanks for posting this :thumbup:

Hi I am George From Winnipeg Manitoba, I am a member of the BFC family, I didn't like the knife from the start, but hey at that time I wouldn't have bought it based on style alone. Now I wouldn't buy anything associated with the DPX name base solely on the owners attitude and the way he handles himself.

I am out as well. I was willing to put up with a lot, but this whole mess has crossed the line.

I should have trusted my gut when I was asked for a payment without an estimated ship date only to learn less than a week later about the splitting of the companies. It's all starting to make sense now.

I just hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to get my money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back