Was unable to post before the lock -- new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know Ren. He's proven to us many times that he is a man of character.

Really? Have you read his posts?
In his fifties deciding that he gets to judge who can sell what knife where and getting into arguments where his best response is "blow me"?
Nobody's innocent in this fight, it seems
(Though, yes, I do agree bringin' the family into the argument is crazy talk...)

Last edited:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 92 (81 members and 11 guests)
Bushman5, 3REDUCK, 6thtexas, a.l.hare, Ad Alta, Adventure Sworn, Alphahunter, ans7812, banana-clip, bhyde, bjh_deals, BLK, Brennanscott, Carolina River Rat, cbwoods67, Codger_64, Damocles, DanCo, DarthChicken, Decklin, dfcrane, DH1, dinozzo, dttomcat, futurencswat, Gavin S., giant1, gundude73, gunguy77, Henry44, hunter s thompson, intron, J. Rosa, jbob24, jforbush, jiggyfly16, Jroden5446, lafferjc, lucero, Medic1210, Medic241, MORIMOTOM, motts, mqqn, oldschool45, pagey1973, PeteG, PG5768, pig sticker140, Psycho_Boy_Jack, punisherD1, Rusty Shackleford, RYP, safetyman, sdg, Sethrotull, SpookyDriver, teacher, the_ferret, ThievesLikeUs, Thrill, TLR, tokerblue, tonym, TyMathews, unky_gumbi, vchacon, welton, yubert

and the views keep on piling up, as do the website visit stats.......

Who cares about his website? Are you his PR guy? "Hey!! lots going on here, but you should see this OTHER place". Your hero is a soon to be banned troll. Get over it.

-Tye

i think this all boils down to intent, as has been mentioned.

now, posting ren's personal info, in and of itself, is not that egregious. facebook, myspace, and the internet in general, there is a lot of information out there. those particularly skilled at deciphering cyberspace are able to acquire atm pin numbers, social security numbers, tax info, all with far more harmful results.

it is my opinion that ryp posting ren's information was simply a form of posturing. ren got under his skin, and ryp's response was basically to say:

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE MOTHER FUCKER! I KNOW WHO YOUR WIFE IS, AND I KNOW WHERE YOU BOTH WORK! GO AHEAD AND SAY SOMETHING ELSE!"

veiled threat? perhaps. ryp has demonstrated several times he is not above such behavior.

actual threat? doubtful. but i would certainly be annoyed as well.

remember, mr. ryp, you are a public figure. we are not. we are just a bunch of semi-anonymous guys and gals who like knives.

I think the intention is clear.

This comes to mind .

With all due respect remember that if you were talking to me in person you would have snot and blood coming out of both sides of your face. The internet does not protect you from the boogeyman.

Remember we/I can always find you. That's my speciality. Hunting down people.

You will bleed and cry. Even if its only internet blood and snot.

Enjoy

RYP
My heavy edit & bold .

1234,,,,,,:cool:

Damn.....this is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I don't post much as you can see from my number of posts/years on bladeforums ratio but I have never seen something so potentially good go so bad so quickly.

Robert - I have never met you and don't know you but please, for the love of God, just admit you made a mistake, apologize and then let the pieces fall where they may. That is the only way this is has a chance of getting any better. Your attempts to justify your actions just make things worse. Your ego is clouding your good judgement.

Awesome post.
+1

In his fifties deciding that he gets to judge who can sell what knife where and getting into arguments where his best response is "blow me"?
(Though, yes, I do agree bringin' the family into the argument is crazy talk...)

BIG mistake, edit those quotes out NOW

Just the second one actually

Yes I have read his posts and I also know things about him that you obviously don't.
Ren has proven himself to be one of the good guys.

I have never seen something so potentially good go so bad so quickly.

It was an exercise in skateboard marketing.

It was only potentially good until the real product started showing up.

If it wasn't for the superb "bong art" graphics and "blood and snot" marketing job to hype the product by RYP, relentlessly driving all the kids into a frenzy where they would kill to get one, it would be lucky to be hanging in a blister pack on a peg-board shelf at Walmart.

Good job, RYP, you truly are a (despicable) marketing expert.

pete

Robert - I have never met you and don't know you but please, for the love of God, just admit you made a mistake, apologize and then let the pieces fall where they may. That is the only way this is has a chance of getting any better. Your attempts to justify your actions just make things worse. Your ego is clouding your good judgement.

You couldn't be more right. Unfortunately, after reading how RYP smears our military, I would just as soon see his knife venture fall on its face. This is the same military that saved and covered his ass when he was riding along as a JAFO and the shit hit the fan in the war zone. The same guys whom I'm sure while he was embedded with them were led to believe he was their friend and going to do them justice in his writings. Backstabbing asshole.

Oh, and for those wondering, JAFO = Just Another F'king Observer.:jerkit:

You couldn't be more right. Unfortunately, after reading how RYP smears our military, I would just as soon see his knife venture fall on its face. This is the same military that saved and covered his ass when he's riding along as a JAFO and the shit hit the fan in the war zone. The same guys whom I'm sure while he was embedded with them was led to believe he was their friend and going to do them justice in his writings. Backstabbing asshole.

Oh, and for those wondering, JAFO = Just Another F'king Observer.:jerkit:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Actually you have my information on every email I send and our corporate info that is freely and publicly posted. You also have my name and contact info which is given freely and with all my opinions or facts presented. I have no problems with opinions but when people state something as fact but not backed up then it should be challenged or debated.

You are free to google my name "Robert+Young+Pelton" and read credible news sources, both public and classified military documents. There is no attempt to hide here.

As for protecting or defending Ren (from what exactly?) His information is all public that he posted it on the internet. Not an excuse, but a fact. It is important to understand your source or credibility when making decisions about opinions and facts.

In any case we now have more forum members than family members so we clearly are dealing with strangers. Feel free to introduce yourself.
Surely there's no need to introduce myself here in this thread. I've often mentioned where I live in posts -- in fact I mentioned it in another forum on Bladeforums a couple hours ago. The average dork could find out the addresses and phone numbers of all my family members with very little effort, even without your experience at such matters.

Who cares about his website? Are you his PR guy? "Hey!! lots going on here, but you should see this OTHER place". Your hero is a soon to be banned troll. Get over it.

-Tye

hahahahaa, i wish i was a PR guy. I'm just a trucker who likes the outdoors, knives and axes, photography, journalism, tense situations, guns, food, BBQ, cast iron cookware, computers, music, beer, etc.

does it really matter, this is the internet........it in no way shape or form reflects you or I or anyone in their real life.

This shite-fest is how wars start....he said they said we said,...bang bang bang......

Hi. cbwoods67 from Illinois. and that is all you need to know.
No dog in this fight, but I have enjoyed watching the shit storm rain down on this forum.
I believe in honesty and integrity, and admitting when you are wrong.
I've made my introduction, but doubt I will ever count you as friend or family.

Ok I watched long enough. I'm taking roberts side in this. You guys are all jumping on the bandwagon here, and I find it pretty sad. Crappy knives indeed... I'll take two please.

Totally blown out of proportion IMO. You take a smack at ryp and then whine when he hits back....:jerkit:

I got your back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back