Water Buffalo In Custom Shop

G10 you say? Where would I go about finding/making that setup?

Nice. Real world use, exactly what I was looking for. I don't necessarily abuse them, but I don't want to be afraid to reach for it subconsciously and use it. I like the looks of the black blade too. Sweet setup.

Buck Custom Shop has black G10
Wish they would add yellow G10 as another option.

It sure is a beauty, isn't it? I've just recently gotten into the smaller Buck offerings, and that 501 is my favorite so far.

No worries, edbeau. Hopefully someone will chime in at some point. Thanks for sharing that beautiful 110 :D:)

I was so surprised by the 501. I still don't know what made me get one, but I'm glad I did. Became an instant favorite for me. I'm definitely going to get one from the custom shop with S30V.....

Buck Custom Shop has black G10
Wish they would add yellow G10 as another option.

Went and looked a bit ago. I see they offer the G10 for the 110, but unfortunately not the 112. That would be sweet.

I was so surprised by the 501. I still don't know what made me get one, but I'm glad I did. Became an instant favorite for me. I'm definitely going to get one from the custom shop with S30V.....

I was really surprised as well. And I would have to agree, and S30V custom shop is upcoming. Just can't resist :D

I ordered these custom shop 110 & 501 knives last year (2016). The buffalo scales are both very much black with little or no "natural marking" variation. I know they are water buffalo scales but I wonder if they couldn't be mistaken for plastic.

I've never ordered any Buff scales for the reason you state. It has nothing to identify it as anything other than plastic. Could BE plastic for all I know.

I stick with materials that show that they are something special, like stag, or elk or ram's horn, etc.

Before there was plastic, water buffalo was the only thing that looked that way and had that texture, a little bit of irony for ya :)

Back