We all make mistakes, ID this axe head?

Can anyone ID what I probably just wasted my money on? Won an ebay auction. I really hate how I act in the closing minutes of an auction.

I really hope that says flint and not china.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

What was the item description? Sounds like you might have got shilled by a purposefully deceptive seller. I hate to break it to you, but I did some photo enhancement and I see CHINA.

I was watching that one, it finished at $59 as I sat there with my mouth open. CHINA was obvious to me, I even contacted the seller who listed it as unreadable and unidentified to tell him. He curtly thanked me for my "interpretation" and left it unchanged.

If it were me, I would simply ask that he cancel the sale. If he won't, then just don't pay. Ebay strongly favors the buyer and you really won't suffer for it. As a seller I don't recommend this lightly, but while no untruth was told, it was obviously not represented correctly and you should not have to grossly overpay because of it.

Last edited:
Sigh. I'm the dumbass that "won" it.
I asked the seller to cancel it because I believe it was misrepresented. We'll see what happens.

Thanks!

You are in control, not him. He has a few more for sale. One is listed as a Hudson Bay 3lb, but it's just a Chinese/Mexican unmarked Michigan. And someone has a $29 bid on it because they don't know any better.

Thanks for the advice guys. In the grand scheme of things it's a bar tab we're talking about here so it's not the end of the world.

Wow, seller refunded the money, was real nice. I offered to send any listing fees he/she is out since I didn't complete the auction. He/She said they believed the head is vintage.

Oh well. I'll make sure I know what I'm buying in the future.

Thanks again for the advice.
Rob

Good, he's full of crap. That looks like it was very rusted and ground down to remove the china making.

I'm jonesing for a nice Jersey head axe. I'll keep looking and try to be patient. Old USA made is what I'm looking for.

Actually it looks like an excellent head, finished and tempered well. I've never seen a Chinese Jersey. I wouldn't mind a closer look at that mark, not enough to pay that much though.

Back