We were all new here once

Hi all. Just joined the site. Been a blade freak since I was a kid making throwing knives and throwing stars in Dad's machine shop on the farm. Is there an introduction thread, or is this it?
Welcome to Bladeforums Hartski, you came to the right place. There is no official introduction thread, but this thread is used by many new members to say hello. Jump in and post wherever you feel like.

Your post reminded my of my youth, I used to cut throwing stars out of any piece of steel I could find that was large enough (using a hacksaw). The biggest stars I made I cut out of circular saw blades (not easy with a hacksaw), with the hole in the center of the blade becoming the hole in the center of the star. I wish I had kept some of them just for nostalgia sake, but they are illegal here in California and at some point I felt it was better not to have them around. But I kinda wish I had kept them.

And welcome to all of our other new members. :)

Hi all,
i'm a new knives-enthusiastic from Italy. I apologize for my bad english.
I love all folder knives: modern, tactical (50% american and 50% from other countries) and traditional folder (more of those are french but also some italian/american).
I love this forums, i saw so many beautiful knives, and i get many inspiration for my purchase... (too many!)
I hope to show you some in the future (i allready activated the basic member subscription).
Thank you to the kind people of this forum

New to the forum from NC. Not really new to knives but have zero experience sharpening them (just bought a lansky system to rectify that a bit) and have several knives in my collection most are wr case and sons and only got for their aesthetic value to me as looks can be subjective.

Hi, you knife addicts! :) Forum noob here. Relatively new to the world of knives as as I only really got seriously into after watching Forged in Fire sometime last year. I'm more of a SAK guy though but I really like all knives. I usually tend towards the pocket-sized variety and I do carry every day! If I can put it in my pocket, I like it!

See you guys around!

tnt

Welcome to the forums toysntools, I left you a visitor message, again welcome to BFC I think you'll enjoy it here, :)

I've lurked on and off for quite a while but only posted for the first time today, so I thought I may as well go the whole hog and post an introduction. I can't remember a time when I didn't carry a pocket knife of some sort, and over the years I've bought plenty. I got my first Victorinox Executive over 30 years ago, and I keep coming back to that model as my everyday carry. I have lost and replaced several of them. However, now that I'm retired and spend my days in cargo shorts and jeans I usually carry something in addition that has a bit more blade to it. I like the Victorinox Bantam Economy. It's light and comfortable in my hand because it doesn't have the key ring that I find digs into my palm.
Lately though, I switched it out for an Okapi. This is even lighter, sits well, and I'm kinda taken with the unusual factor.
When I impulse buy on Ebay, I often end up with scout/camp/utility patterns. Unfortunately, my collection leans toward quantity rather than quality. I keep telling myself one day I'll break down and shell out the 140 bucks for the 6 tool Nontron... one day!

Hey all fellow knife addicts. I have also lurked around a bit but had never contributed before. Been reading some of the threads and now have discovered what the heck people meant by SAK. Haha. The only knife accident that ever required stitches was an SAK closing on my finger when I was 10 so I have never been a fan since!

I typically EDC one of my Spyderco knives but just recently after reading about it and watching reviews, picked up a Zero Tolerance 0450CF. What a beautiful knife, I can't stop fiddling with it! Glad to be a new member of the community with people who understand and share the love for blades!

I have also been a lurker for the past few years. I have collected militaria since I was about 12, and have always had some kind of pocket knife since I was even younger. I started with an Imperial and a SAK. I still primarily collect militaria, but my interest in knives is growing. Thanks to everyone that has, and will contribute to our learning experience here. Side note, is there a military issued blade section?

Welcome all :)

I have also been a lurker for the past few years. I have collected militaria since I was about 12, and have always had some kind of pocket knife since I was even younger. I started with an Imperial and a SAK. I still primarily collect militaria, but my interest in knives is growing. Thanks to everyone that has, and will contribute to our learning experience here. Side note, is there a military issued blade section?
No, there isn't a sub-forum here specifically dedicated to military blades. Which is actually a bit surprising.

Here is the forum for discussing that http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/f...-Levine-s-Knife-Collecting-amp-Identification

Hi everyone new here,I finally joined after reading the forum a lot,can't believe how close knit you collectors are ,and a great bunch of guys,
Sorry for my ignorance if I ask some silly questions:)
Thank you for the hours of enjoyment reading all of you're knowledge.:thumbup:

Hi everyone. I'm new here and very excited. Are there brand specific pages? For instance spyderco?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hey all fellow knife addicts. I have also lurked around a bit but had never contributed before. Been reading some of the threads and now have discovered what the heck people meant by SAK. Haha. The only knife accident that ever required stitches was an SAK closing on my finger when I was 10 so I have never been a fan since!

I typically EDC one of my Spyderco knives but just recently after reading about it and watching reviews, picked up a Zero Tolerance 0450CF. What a beautiful knife, I can't stop fiddling with it! Glad to be a new member of the community with people who understand and share the love for blades!

Hi Hobbs...I too own the ZT 0450CF. I think it's a really beautiful knife. The only issue for me is I find the flipper and overall handle/"grip" just a little too small to operate successfully...and I'm a female, much smaller hands than my male counterparts. I carry primarily for self defense so I need something I can deploy in a flash if necessary. Used my ZT 560 for a long time and recently got a Hinderer XM-18 Bowie.

How does the size work for you? What do you use your 450 for?

Hello guys,

I am Portuguese and have gathering some pocket knives since I was 7 years old, more than forty years ago.
I have some Portuguese, Spanish, French and Swiss knives and I want to know more about American ones.
My collection doesn't have very expensive pieces, but if you are curious you can see my humble collection here:

http://my-pocket-knives.blogspot.pt

Hello guys,

I am Portuguese and have gathering some pocket knives since I was 7 years old, more than forty years ago.
I have some Portuguese, Spanish, French and Swiss knives and I want to know more about American ones.
My collection doesn't have very expensive pieces, but if you are curious you can see my humble collection here:

http://my-pocket-knives.blogspot.pt

Nice! I like how you have all the different countries of manufacture separated. Thanks for sharing :)

Oooh! A "hello world" thread! I totally need something like this!

Hi everyone! I'm basically new to the world of knives.

I'm 46 years old, and while I'm quite new to this forum, I'm an engineer (currently doing my work-a-day as a programming manager at a Texas sand mine), and a life-long craftsman. I LOVE working with wood, but I'm learning metal work, and am in the process of designing and building a fairly robust home-level forge and smelter.

I love the idea of being able to build my own tools, but I'm really not interested in re-inventing the wheel, as it were.

Over the last six months, I've been building my knife collection, studying and learning about different grades of steels. I find all of this stuff fascinating, to say the least.

Anyhow...I'm really hoping to develop some strong relationships here while I occasionally 'wow' you with my thoughts, even though other times you'll feel inclined to correct my thought processes before I go too far down a bunny trail and make a huge mistake. :D

At any rate, thanks for including me in your community!

~Karl

Back