We were all new here once

Hey guys I don't know much about knives I guess I got enough guns haha.
I never really had a fancy for knives there a tool, and if you're not safe it will bite you, yes I've been bite.
My first that I really lusted over the Buck 110, I got it some 30 years ago I don't remember what happened to it.
I got this cheap big 5 fold pocket s&w knife that I've had for years with a dead spot in the middle, & I got a big fixed blade from harbor freight 😂.
I do have Wüsthof Classic kitchen knives about 10 years I like them, and I got a Saber chefs knife that one is very nice got it from Costco.
My buddy sharpens my knives for me, I've tried I don't have it down yet.

I've got my eye on Benchmade & Zero Tolerance. I also want to get my 21 year old son a quality one as well, probably Benchmade for him.

Thanks John

Hello blade forums! New here, but not new to knives. Been lurking the forum for quite some time and thought it was about time I try and contribute a little in this community.

I never really had a fancy for knives there a tool, and if you're not safe it will bite you, yes I've been bite.
My first that I really lusted over the Buck 110, I got it some 30 years ago I don't remember what happened to it.
I got this cheap big 5 fold pocket s&w knife that I've had for years with a dead spot in the middle, & I got a big fixed blade from harbor freight 😂.
I do have Wüsthof Classic kitchen knives about 10 years I like them, and I got a Saber chefs knife that one is very nice got it from Costco.

I've got my eye on Benchmade & Zero Tolerance. I also want to get my 21 year old son a quality one as well, probably Benchmade for him.

Thanks John
Benchmade and zero tolerance are great knives you should also look into DPx knives as well I love my HEIST/F

[www.removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. I'm sorry if this is a bad place to post but I have never been on a forum b4 and I can figure out how to crate a discussion. I have some questions I could reallyrics use some expertise with and one of these sead questions is how to I create a discussion board. Thanks to any and all who can help

Yeah me too! And how to find up to date new posts,ask for info on one of my knives(not trying to sell,or get a value on here)just want to period the markings.

Sent from my SM-S550TL using Tapatalk

Why don't you have a newbie area for people to introduce themselves and their collections? Love the site, but not sure how to intro myself to the community.

Why don't you have a newbie area for people to introduce themselves and their collections? Love the site, but not sure how to intro myself to the community.

This is it. This is the place you introduce your self. It's nice to meet you. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello everyone. Pretty green when in comes to knives. I have a Leatherman Wave, Kershaw Cryo 2 and a ZT 0450CF. I see a lot more in my future.

I was passed over for a purchase for being new to this site.. I was first poster too. It is my understanding that first poster gets it. Oh well I suppose.

Hello everyone. Another new member here. Name is Mike. I've had a few knives over my lifetime and used them around work mostly, but recently jumped into the collecting pool thanks to my older brother's passion for them and sharing. My collection is modest at best at the moment but look forward to gaining knowledge from the members here on the site and building my collection up in the years to come. I've lurked on the boards here a month or so now, but figured it was time to get more involved. So I look forward to sharing with you all and hope to have some positive input to provide as well. -Mike

Hey everyone. I'm sorry if this is a bad place to post but I have never been on a forum b4 and I can figure out how to crate a discussion. I have some questions I could reallyrics use some expertise with and one of these sead questions is how to I create a discussion board. Thanks to any and all who can help

Hi mate! What questions do you have? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah me too! And how to find up to date new posts,ask for info on one of my knives(not trying to sell,or get a value on here)just want to period the markings.

Sent from my SM-S550TL using Tapatalk

Ask me mate! I know a bit of stuff! Cheers

Pleased to meet you the chip! Cheers

Just joined the site. New to bladesmithing/ knifemaking. I switched hobbies. Sold most of my archery equipment except for a few traditional bows. I've always been interested in knives so I'm giving it a go with my 16 year old son.
We live in eastern Washington State by the way. I have a 2 burner forge being made by a gentleman in Texas. Bought some other needed tools from Centaur Forge. I'm still looking for a decent weight anvil without breaking the bank and I'm trying to do as much research On 2x72 grinders.

Simon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Thanks John

Bro, if that Harbor Fr. is the one with the compass and fishing hooks inside the handle GET RID OF IT NOW. It is a truly "dangerously constructed knife". You have been warned. And welcome to BF.

Well, I guess I ought to follow suit, and introduce myself. I'm a medically retired aerospace toolmaker/engineer and hobbyist gunsmith. I had a heart attack in 2012, and a list of other ailments that has taken me out of the workforce. I've always enjoyed working with tools, and knives are no different than a hammer or a micrometer...it's a tool designed for an intended purpose. I don't have desirable collectibles, only knives that I prefer to use over others. I also have a few that have sentimental value, like a Western L36 that my dad got as a boy scout, and carried with him through two tours of the Vietnam War, or a Estwing 24A that my grandfather gave me years ago. Both exhibit battle scars of sorts, signs that they were working men's tools.

I've had a number of blades over the years, with two of them being my favorites...Schrade USA 15OT and a Schrade USA 152OT. Both have been with me for a number of years, until recently. It seems that a local punk decided he wanted what I had in my truck more than I did, and liberated them from my possession. I thought I had replaced the 15OT with a Taylor Brand one, but my knowledge of steel and manufacturing, coupled with what my wife refers to as "Perfectionism", I've found it to be far from the knife that it is cloned after. So, I went on fleabay and located true replacements of the originals, and hope to have them in my hands by the end of the week.

Since joining this site, I've been educating myself on the topic of knives. Y'all have a level of knowledge that I aspire to obtain.

Over the years, I've made a number of tools...mainly specialty tools for the aerospace, automotive, or medical industry. Everything from assembly aids for Duramax to fixtures for machining jet engine parts. Gages, dies, special machines...there's not much I haven't done. I started in the trade right before the trade really started contracting in the US. I was 12 when my dad brought me into the shop to sweep floors and clean machines, and a couple of 60-70 year old German guys that worked for dad took a liking to me, and began teaching me the trade. By the age of 17, I had the contract on the boring mill, jig borer and jig grinder and had two full time employees, while still in school. I always made sure to hire those that knew more than me, so that I could leech some of that knowledge from them...something that I was lucky to do.

As I continue to read, I'm being inspired to try my hand at making my own blade...I just wish I could swing a hammer to properly forge one. My 18 year old son is taking an interest in knife making, too, and is in the process of acquiring a anvil, as well as building his own forge. I'm sure I'll have an opportunity in the future to showcase some of his work.

Until then, I hope to learn more from this forum.

Back