We were all new here once

Hello Blade Forum. Just signed up a few days thought I should introduce myself. Been carrying knives since I can remember. First real knife was an old Scrade double blade pocket knife when I was about 9 years old. Been a knife in pocket ever since. I thought $60 for a Kershaw Blur was expansive, then spent $100 on a full size Griptilian. Now got my eye on the Zero Tolerance 562 sprint run. I guess Chris Reeve will be the next step lol. Anyway glad to be a part of the community and you guys being my enablers.

Josh

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm new and I don't know how to post a question so I'll ask here. I have been looking into getting a karambit for awhile now, but of those that I have seen the best one's are out of my budget and the one's I can afford have either poor blade design or cheap matierial. I did go to a site called Karambit.com where you can create your own and i got this computer program called solidworks2016. I guess my main question is that should I save up and buy from a rebuttable site or dealer. Or design one myself to my liking and send them the design?

I'm new and I don't know how to post a question so I'll ask here. I have been looking into getting a karambit for awhile now, but of those that I have seen the best one's are out of my budget and the one's I can afford have either poor blade design or cheap matierial. I did go to a site called Karambit.com where you can create your own and i got this computer program called solidworks2016. I guess my main question is that should I save up and buy from a rebuttable site or dealer. Or design one myself to my liking and send them the design?

If I were you I would save and get a decent one. Check out fox fox 479. Not too expensive at about 120, and they are a pretty good knife. They have several options as well. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not a newbie to knives but after reading the threads on BF I registered today. You make some great points in your post and the advice I have already picked up on
from the members has been valuable to me. There's a world of knowledge about this hobby that I have been interested in my whole life.
If I told my ol' lady about this I would get a world class eye roll out of her. She just doesn't "get it". No harm, no foul.
Anyway, it's nice to be here.

Stay sharp,

Plutosson

I am not a newbie to knives but after reading the threads on BF I registered today. You make some great points in your post and the advice I have already picked up on
from the members has been valuable to me. There's a world of knowledge about this hobby that I have been interested in my whole life.
If I told my ol' lady about this I would get a world class eye roll out of her. She just doesn't "get it". No harm, no foul.
Stay sharp,
Plutosson

Welcome.

I am not new to knives but new to blade forums, I will be transplanting from Florida to Michigan within a year, and am looking for knife recommendations, I currently carry a Zt0350 EDC for utility purposes. I plan on starting a post asking about what knives would be good for Michigan.
Thanks in advance!

Stay sharp,

Plutosson

My wife not only gets it, she asked for a Schrade Sharpfinger like mine for her to carry. Heck, she's as well armed as I am...Sharpfinger on belt and in front pocket, 9mm in Flashbang holster and a .38 on her hip. She keeps a Buck Pak-Lite in the door of her truck, along with a Schrade Deerslayer wedged in the bench seat. She's a heck of a shot with a bow, too, which is something I've never been able to master.

We don't argue...for obvious reasons. LOL

Hello BladeForums,

I already have a love of historical weapons and I study their use in the HEMA community. However, I'm fairly new to knives as a subject matter and as a collector in general. About 10 years ago I wanted a good pocket knife and asked some friends to help me pick one out. They pointed me to the Spyderco Delica 4 with the stainless handle which I bought. Its still a great knife and exceeded all my expectations, but that was about the extent of my interest until a few months ago when I ran across some videos on knives while browsing youtube. That started my interest in contemporary knives that have some historical context such as the Opinels or Sami knives and moved on from there to EDC and tactical folders, contemporary fixed blades, and traditional folders. My knowledge in all these areas is very preliminary and I'm excited to learn from this community.

cheers,

Hello. I don't remember posting an intro here in the past so this might as well be it. My first blade was a Crawford Leopard ordered through a mail catalog and its been down the rabbit hole ever since. I am mostly into fixed blades, but am getting back into folders these days. I used to be partial to Benchmade in the past, but prefer the offerings from CRK and Spyderco lately. I do not collect outside of a few Busse/Swamp Rat/Scrap Yard LE models I have stashed in the safe. Non-convex edges are sharpened on a Wicked Edge. Otherwise, I am here to have fun before I figure I need to save for college for the kids. Or get back into other silly rabbit hole habits like tuning my rides, firearms, pots and pans for the house and similar...

Not sure where to post this but here goes. Firstly I would like to apologise for a rant tantrum I threw about a year or so ago. It was because of my ignorance of not reading the forum rules that led to this rant.
Anyway I would like to reenter the forum.
I have been a knife nut and collector for 35+ years and still enjoy reading about and gleaming new info knives and edged weapons of all kinds.
So if nobody has a problem with this I would like to jump back in.
My apologies.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I joined the forums a little back but haven't posted until now. I fell down the rabbit hole of EDC knives a few months ago when I got sick of never having a knife when I needed one. Once I started looking around I seemed to reignite an old passion for blades of all sorts that I had when I was a teenager. I actually had an SAK Camper that was a Christmas present from a coworker, but to me it seemed too bulky and I wanted something with a pocket clip. After much deliberation I bought a G10 Dragonfly II, then a few weeks later my wife, the kids and I were on a hockey trip to the mainland when on a whim we went to Bass Pro. I think my wife was feeling guilty about spending money because she told me I should get a knife, in particular a Benchmade North Fork I was playing with. I did try a mini grip but the North Fork seemed more comfortable in my hand and we both like the wood better on North Fork.

I'm now contemplating my next purchase. There's a few on my list but right at the moment I seem to be going back and forth between a Sage 2 or ZT 0450CF. I imagine I'll end up with both eventually, it's just a matter of which is first. Of course I have the dream of a Chris Reeve at some point down the road. I like the small Inkosi and Sebenza but I really gravitate towards the Mnandi.

New pocket knife enthusiast here from Clackamas, OR. Been a gun guy for just over a decade and the knife addiction finally caught on after a family member sharpened a cheapo pocket knife ive carried around for years. Ive been on a splurge lately and its addicting. I eventually would like to master knife sharpening but it might take a while as I messed up an old pocket knife trying it out. My Father inlaw is a butcher and he gave me a fancy 3 stone sharpener a couple years ago that just sat in my garage. Currently the knives I have are a spyderco pm2, old spyderco endura aus8a, Benchmade barrage, spyderco yojimbo 2, and a pair of automatic smith and wessons with s30v blades that were on sale. Anyhow, I hope to learn a lot here and meet cool people. :cool:

Hello BladeForums,

I already have a love of historical weapons and I study their use in the HEMA community. However, I'm fairly new to knives as a subject matter and as a collector in general. About 10 years ago I wanted a good pocket knife and asked some friends to help me pick one out. They pointed me to the Spyderco Delica 4 with the stainless handle which I bought. Its still a great knife and exceeded all my expectations, but that was about the extent of my interest until a few months ago when I ran across some videos on knives while browsing youtube. That started my interest in contemporary knives that have some historical context such as the Opinels or Sami knives and moved on from there to EDC and tactical folders, contemporary fixed blades, and traditional folders. My knowledge in all these areas is very preliminary and I'm excited to learn from this community.

cheers,

Welcome, fellow HEMAphile!

I'm very happy that there are so many helpful people here on the forums. I've learned, like countless others, a great deal of information and knowledge from the good people here.

I only hope that I can pass on what I've learned from BF to maybe help someone else that is in the same place I was only a few years back.

Welcome to all the new members. It's good to see you joining in :).

Hello again BladeForums, I had joined this website a few years back but have since changed emails and forgot all my login info haha.

Back