Website selling Gurkha House Khukuris

I happened to be looking at a web site from whom my MA instructor had bought a Bolo style knife and I found them selling khukuris that were very similar or even the same possibly as Gurkha House. In case anyone would like to check them out, they are:

www.gungfu.com

I haven't verified whether indeed these are Gurkha House khukuris so I could be wrong, but if anyone should get more info, let us know.

Arvind

Those are GH khukuris alright. It looks like they copied it all directly from the GH site, including those testimonials that are at least a few years old.

Bob

I ordered a khukuri from them, and will post my experience here. (I ordered an aluminum-handled WW2, which I have always wanted. Have been kicking myself for not getting one before Craig went out of business. Hope this works out.)

I have not posted on this web site for quite some time. Now I see this other web site selling khukris using my testimonial I gave to Craig when he first started selling khukris. I do not know this group nor do they know me. My opinion is either Craig sold all the assets from Gurkha House to Www.gungfu.com , or they simply stole my testimonial.
Thank you, Joseph McNabb.

ps. www.gungfu, if you read this, remove my testimonial from your website. You do not have my permission to use it.

I ordered an SN1 from them last night. Hoping they have them in stock and that they are the same quality that Craig carried before closing his doors. Also hoping that it won't take forever to get it here as we are both located in California. I'll post some pics of the blade that I receive as well as a little info on what I've done with the knife as far as usage. This will be my first experience with a Khuk of any kind so I may also ask some questions on sheath care and so on.

I received a telephone call from them stating that the kuk I ordered was out of stock and would not be available for two or three weeks. I told them that would be fine, and they said they would order it. Will post further developments.
I believe that Craig sold the assets, goodwill and exclusivity agreement with Khukuri House to these folks. The Gurkha House website is no longer online. It will be interesting to see how this new arrangement works out.

Dear Sir/ Madam:
Thank you for your recent order request. We are unable to process your order because:

Has Craig really just washed his hands of all this? I cannot express the depths of my desire for some kind of explanation. I'm only a little surprised that I actually need closure to let GH go.

Thanks Berk, and everyone else who's still keeping an eye and an ear on this forum.

I wonder if they just bought up all of Craigs inventory and when it is gone, they just stop selling Khuks?

I wonder if they just bought up all of Craigs inventory and when it is gone, they just stop selling Khuks?
Seems like the most likely explanation to me - the possibility that Khukuri House actually discontinued the SN1 (which is still shown on their website) seems so remote as to be nonexistent.

I have been truly saddened by the way Craig ended his involvement with Bladeforums,GH,and all of us that visited here so regularly. I feel that at least an honest good bye to all of his supporters and friends was in order. Not just up and leave. It seems that the GH forum is better off placed into the Archives, as there is really no GH any longer. What think you, Spark? I do not want to seem overl harsh but why bother and visit in hopes that the forum will one day become active again. With all of the traffic that the GH forum gets, it may as well be archived. Just my .02 worth.

Craig is still internet active on his german daggers forum :

http://www.germandaggers.com/

If you want to know the reasons for his leaving, why not drop him an email, make a post, or give him a call.

Regarding the comment about archiving, Spark doesn't read every post on the forum. For these kinds of matters you should contact him directly.

-Cliff

Back