Weekend holster

Happy Monday! :D Thought I'd share my weekend project with you guys. This is actually kind of special since it's the first paid work I've accepted in the two or three years I've been doing leather. I've traded work for work but never an outright sale. This guy approached me just the right way by saying he wanted a 5" 1911 holster made but he'd let me decide the materials (so long as it was dark), didn't care about the cost, how long it took, etc. Basically no pressure whatsoever. Anyway, without further ado, this is the result. Hope everyone has a great week!

33915745536_75d9bf2d0b_z.jpg

33956563615_c690e9a009_z.jpg

I can't even imagine it being any better than that. One of the best I've ever seen.

Paul

Really nice work. I'm sure you'll be getting more orders once his buddies see his. I love the Shark on the front panel.

I can't even imagine it being any better than that. One of the best I've ever seen.

Paul

Thank you Paul! That means a lot coming from you sir! By the way, I'm sure you're not lacking for clientele but I had a high end knife collector contact me the other day about a fixed blade sheath. I told him if it were me, I'd talk to the best there is and gave him your contact info. :thumbup:

Great looking Holster

Thank you sir! When I first got into leather, your website was part of the inspiration to start doing it myself. You do extremely nice work.

Really nice work. I'm sure you'll be getting more orders once his buddies see his. I love the Shark on the front panel.

Thank you! I'm sure, lol. I don't want the word to get out too much as I've already got a full time day job. Seems like there is enough demand out there to do leather work full time if a person wanted to though. Maybe someday.

Gorgeous Chad. You be there buddy. Can't think of anything to do better. Wow.

It can be done. For many years I had a full time job, a lot of the time two full time jobs. Did leather on the side. That way when you are ready to go full time you already have a customer base built up.

The polish on those edges really oozes through the screen. GREAT work!

Thank you sir! I've really been focusing a lot of energy on edges and it's definitely starting to pay off.

Gorgeous Chad. You be there buddy. Can't think of anything to do better. Wow.

It can be done. For many years I had a full time job, a lot of the time two full time jobs. Did leather on the side. That way when you are ready to go full time you already have a customer base built up.

Thank you Dave, that means a lot coming from you as well! That's what I figure. Resisted selling anything for a long time (not for lack of offers) but I've finally come to a place where I don't mind doing some limited projects here and there for some extra cash. You're exactly right, whenever I decide it's time for a career change or a retirement gig, I'll have a lot of experience and customers already built up.

Back