Weekend projects

Good morning! Thought I'd make good on my promise to share the cigar case (mentioned in my Warthog thread) I'd been working on. Got it finished up this weekend. This is going to a Canadian knife maker as a thanks for making me a fantastic knife recently. His logo is tooled on the front flap. I also took a work in progress shot of a fixed blade pancake sheath (also a first) I started for a friend. I'm sorry I don't have a photo of it finished but it was pretty close in this photo just needing edges done and a final seal with WyoSheen. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

33452786510_41e59ab1c6_c.jpg

33452785710_d06534bf54_c.jpg

33452784360_246f5def01_c.jpg

Great work. I'm sure he's going to love the cigar holder. That's classy. The pancake sheath is real nice as well. I take it he's a fly fisherman. What knife is going in there ?

Tough keeping the bevelling as smooth as you did particularly on the curves of the fly line and the logo. Great job.

Great work. I'm sure he's going to love the cigar holder. That's classy. The pancake sheath is real nice as well. I take it he's a fly fisherman. What knife is going in there ?

Thank you sir! I'm hoping so... and if he doesn't, it was free so he can't complain too much :D. Yeah the sheath is for a life long friend who's big into fly fishing. Same guy I tooled this fly tying mat for recently so it's an ongoing theme :). The knife I made a long time ago and gave to him, no photo to show but it has a redwood burl handle, mosaic pins, and damascus blade. It's pretty cool.

33110513006_9fd242d33f_z.jpg

I really like the tooling on the pancake sheath. Looks good.

Thank you!

I love that tooling on the pancake sheath as well!

Thank you!

Very nice work!

Todd

Thank you!

Tough keeping the bevelling as smooth as you did particularly on the curves of the fly line and the logo. Great job.

Thanks Dave! Always appreciate your feedback!

What's next, using fly line instead of thread for the stitching? Wait, that actually sounds pretty cool. I'm gonna try that!

What's next, using fly line instead of thread for the stitching? Wait, that actually sounds pretty cool. I'm gonna try that!
If not the fly line itself, maybe the dacron backing.

That is some really fine work there, mt.h!

Back