Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spark, I'm having an issue leaving feedback. I'm trying to leave feedback for the OP of this thread, since I had something he wanted here, so I PM'ed him and sold him a Sebenza. Now when I try to leave him a feedback, I get this...

BF_FeedbackIssue.jpg

I also just super minimized the forums display on the dark mode, so for people who were unhappy with scrolling, you really should give it a whirl

Can we go any smaller? I'm running the dark theme now and it's better, but still enormous compared to the old site in full desktop mode.

I like the new SW and all the new features, but speaking frankly, I've been on the forums much less since the update because it's more of a chore to browse. Still too much scrolling and searching. 1-2 posts visible at best vs. 3-4 average on the old forum.

Give me a theme running about half the size of this dark one or a desktop version option and I'll be a happy camper.

I'm also not seeing any signatures. I've checked and I do have them set to show in my preferences.

I'm also not seeing any signatures. I've checked and I do have them set to show in my preferences.
Running on a phone? Vertical it hides certain things so that more can be displayed. Maybe turning it sideways will display more stuff?

Running on a phone? Vertical it hides certain things so that more can be displayed. Maybe turning it sideways will display more stuff?

Ok, that's the issue... I really hate this "optimized for mobile" stuff. So now I'm stuck without signatures or holding my phone at an awkward position.

Is there any way to get the landscape layout in the vertical position? That would be ideal I think.

Spark, I'm having an issue leaving feedback. I'm trying to leave feedback for the OP of this thread, since I had something he wanted here, so I PM'ed him and sold him a Sebenza. Now when I try to leave him a feedback, I get this...

View attachment 698741

Both you and the person you are leaving feedback for have to have posted in the thread being used, one of you starting the thread and the other with at least a comment. Otherwise, no feedback can get left.

Ok, that's the issue... I really hate this "optimized for mobile" stuff. So now I'm stuck without signatures or holding my phone at an awkward position.

Is there any way to get the landscape layout in the vertical position? That would be ideal I think.
Yeah, you are used to seeing a desktop site on your mobile device. This new setup has changed that. The previous, non-mobile iteration was too small to read when on mobile screens without a bunch of zooming in then zooming out again. These designs are readable on any device

I'm still tweaking things to make it easier to use. Be sure to use the categories tab in the Navigation Bar up top - you can quickly go from category to category to avoid a bunch of scrolling

Yeah, you are used to seeing a desktop site on your mobile device. This new setup has changed that. The previous, non-mobile iteration was too small to read when on mobile screens without a bunch of zooming in then zooming out again. These designs are readable on any device

I'm still tweaking things to make it easier to use. Be sure to use the categories tab in the Navigation Bar up top - you can quickly go from category to category to avoid a bunch of scrolling

Browsing the forum is easy enough, but scanning threads is tedious at best. No sans-dumbass tab and now troll posts take up either a full screens length or more.

I used some google-fu and it seems like there may be a way to enable the horizontal view while holding a device vertically. Over my head, but I think it would be a great option.

Browsing the forum is easy enough, but scanning threads is tedious at best. No sans-dumbass tab and now troll posts take up either a full screens length or more.

I literally have no idea what you are talking about here.

I literally have no idea what you are talking about here.

The nav bar makes hopping between forums or subforums easier, but it doesn't do any good in individual threads. From post to post, there's simply not as much visible.

There's scrolling needed to see new posts in the thread and often there's even scrolling needed to read an entire post, then scrolling back up to see who it was that posted it and finally a 90 degree rotation to see their signature. Rinse and repeat.

Screenshot_20170419-012844_zpsipiudyn5.png

You can see in the screenshot that the post, which isn't particularly long, takes up the full screen without showing any user info. So we've gotten rid of the possible need for zooming in and out, but replaced it with the definite need to scroll up and down a lot.

Last edited:
Well scrolling is always going to happen unless you shrink things so that they can't be seen. What device are you using to access the site?

Well scrolling is always going to happen unless you shrink things so that they can't be seen. What device are you using to access the site?

Samsung Galaxy S7 mostly. What you see in the screenshot is as small as it will shrink to. You can zoom in, but not out from the default.

Samsung Galaxy S7 mostly. What you see in the screenshot is as small as it will shrink to. You can zoom in, but not out from the default.
I use an S7 and was able to scale text size. Go to settings, accessibility and there's a slide to scale the text. It changes the post text size, not the text size on the main page. YMMV.

W&C no longer shows up in New Posts, thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back