Well...It's Friday...

Rise-n-shine:) ??

Been up for hours already .. kids on the bus by 6:30 and then had to deal with misbehaving cows that weren't where they were supposed to be. 71 degrees 95% humidity, itchy from hay, sweating my butt off chasing 3 stupid heifers around the pasture. Usually they're good, come when called or can be baited with feed. Maybe they could sense that I wanted to stab em in the eye with my Asp?? :)

I'm back to my coffee and now it is a good morning. Good morning everyone!

RubyAspCoffee-vi.jpg

RubyAspBusinessEndCoffee1400-vi.jpg
I noticed the humidity this morning too.
I took Max out around 5:45 this morning and felt it instantly. I went back inside to feed him & flipped on the news at just the right moment. The meteorologist was mid-sentence " ..,..and you will feel the humidity early this morning" .....uggggghh it's not even May yet

Morning! It's even humid over here this morning, woke up to a thick layer of fog.

VANCE VANCE Care to share any blade length, handle length, OAL specs on the Bushbootie or Lil Lady?
right know all I can tell definitely is the OAL. None of them have scales on them yet.

Babyboot
5 3/4" OAL..it looks like it will be around a 2 1/2" blade

Lil Lady
7" OAL...it looks like it's going to have approx. 3 1/4" blade

right know all I can tell definitely is the OAL. None of them have scales on them yet.

Babyboot
5 3/4" OAL..it looks like it will be around a 2 1/2" blade

Lil Lady
7" OAL...it looks like it's going to have approx. 3 1/4" blade

Hmmmmm... Sounds like it would be right up my ally for an EDC! Hoping to see one in person next week! :D

upon further inspection and second opinions

you are correct. i will modify the thread

You know what is funny though, Camelthorn is also called Desert Ironwood.

So we have Arizona/South Western Desert Ironwood and African Desert Ironwood...

Which I believe to be Olneya tesota and Vachellia/Acacia erioloba respectively

Good case study for common name v. presentation v. classification

I like the light and medium color tones of Camel Thorn. I will be curious to see if it darkens with age like Arizona Desert Ironwood does.

Phil

Last edited:
I haven't participated in a Friday in a while. I wish I would have looked earlier I would have tried for the Bushboot and the Sneaky Pete, beautiful blades! Congrats to those that are quick

Yes!

Incredible effect within an already extraordinarily striking material:

IMG_2090-vi.jpg

Do it again! On a different pattern. ;)

~ P.
Yes!

Incredible effect within an already extraordinarily striking material:

IMG_2090-vi.jpg

Do it again! On a different pattern. ;)

~ P.
:cool::thumbsup:

if this one doesn't move, it might be my new "user" for next weekend's festivities....even though i said i was going to be good and take a knife i already own

if this one doesn't move, it might be my new "user" for next weekend's festivities....even though i said i was going to be good and take a knife i already own

Make it yours sooner than later! Then when you pack, it's all still true:

"Oh, this thing? Yeah, I own it. In it goes."

~ P.
extra helpful tonight

Back