Well...It's Friday...

I am new to the forum looking at FF first purchase. Can anyone tell what the knives are in the 3082 image. Mainly the middle and lower ones. Thanks

Last edited:
I am new to the forum looking at FF first purchase. Can anyone tell what the knives are in the 3082 image. Mainly the middle and lower ones. Thanks
welcome & good luck

2017 0728 09 – Wasp w/ navy burlap over natural liners & white pinstripes, TT, convex on spalted 5/32” A2 - $355

2017 0728 10 – Sneaky Pete w/ box elder burl over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT, convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $325

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-friday-7-28-2017-preview.1509486/

Hah!

So is it an Asp or a Wasp? What's the difference?! I thought the Wasp blade a straighter lines.

Also, no one has mentioned the Hunter, but I think that one is a beauty as well! I got to hold @thurin's Hunter, and I was impressed. :thumbsup:

Hah!

So is it an Asp or a Wasp? What's the difference?! I thought the Wasp blade a straighter lines.
20170728_144156-vi.jpg

edit.....
it's tough to tell from the patterns, but they look totally different once completed

20170728_144156-vi.jpg

edit.....
it's tough to tell from the patterns, but they look totally different once completed

Clear as day when side by side for sure! I think I've only ever seen the Wasps that were swedged with a straight 'edge'. Don't see that pattern very often either way. Cool! Thanks.

And the Sneaky is 'deeper' and a bit longer, correct?

Also, no one has mentioned the Hunter, but I think that one is a beauty as well! I got to hold @thurin's Hunter, and I was impressed. :thumbsup:
I've got a hunter in bloodwood. It's a good fit for me. Stunning and nice balance. (second from top). The hunter in this sale thread is a beauty for sure!
2auMVIx.jpg

I've got a hunter in bloodwood. It's a good fit for me. Stunning and nice balance. (second from top). The hunter in this sale thread is a beauty for sure!
2auMVIx.jpg

Nice bloodwood collection man! I was surprised by the Hunter, it isn't as big as it looks in pictures. Feels great in hand.

The Sneaky is "taller" from top to bottom. It has wider scales & blade. Smidgen longer too

Morning everyone. I will be posting the preview around 1:30 and unlocking at the usual 3:00. See you there!

Back