Well...It's Friday...

Morning all. Sorry for you West coasters suffering from the heat, but it was AWESOME to walk outside this morning to walk the dog and be met with a cool 57 degrees here in Kansas City.

Might actually enjoy mowing the lawn this afternoon...

haven't heard anyone talk about this pin detail.. anyone have the lowdown on these?

XV7kZJM.jpg

Looks like an alignment nightmare to me... I made a knife last weekend and I came to appreciate how difficult it was to align and drill the pins. I'm definitely missing something as I broke two pins tying to "tap" them through the gooey mess of epoxy. Turned out OK for me and a definite improvement over other ones I've kluged together, but with every attempt, I come to further appreciate how well the guys at the Forge pull it off week in and week out.

Should be identical to pinecone/sweetgum/alumilite. A little gummy. Not particularly slick.

Just when you think they couldn't make a better esquire for you......

Other than the halfsie-handles (long bolster) and black liners (though maybe the pins will be silver/mosaic?), it's perfect. o_O

~ P.
is for Picky

But meanwhile, I've been carrying this Esquire often lately, bemused at how it's one of my all-time favorites even though it isn't, well, you know....

C9B8UVl.jpg

Congrats, great first knife! Let us know what you think about it once you get it in hand!

Got my Sneaky Pete from the 7/28 FF on the following Friday. This is my first Fiddleback purchase and first FF attempt...sadly for my wallet it probably won't be my last. Wow was I amazed at the quality and beauty of the knife. I am now looking for a sheath and trying to decide what my next fiddleback purchase will be. Probably something smaller like an esquire or ED Karda for more subtle EDC. Thanks for the rapid help and replies so I could joint in the fun and looking forward to future sharking purchases!

Got my Sneaky Pete from the 7/28 FF on the following Friday. This is my first Fiddleback purchase and first FF attempt...sadly for my wallet it probably won't be my last. Wow was I amazed at the quality and beauty of the knife. I am now looking for a sheath and trying to decide what my next fiddleback purchase will be. Probably something smaller like an esquire or ED Karda for more subtle EDC. Thanks for the rapid help and replies so I could joint in the fun and looking forward to future sharking purchases!
Yes, sadly for your wallet, it won't be your last! That Fiddleback bites hard! LOL. Enjoy and welcome!

That particular Sneaky Pete is a serious beauty! I love that handle. Congratulations!

Back