Well...It's Friday...

Phillip, can you explain the scales on the bushcrafter? looks like ironwood/black canvas but says something about natural canvas. Thanks.
And does the ironwood have a black liner?

Last edited:
So the thread is opened at 3:00PM Eastern and whoever claims the one they want first gets to buy it via paypal. Am I missing any important details for how this is done?

Thank you.

So the thread is opened at 3:00PM Eastern and whoever claims the one they want first gets to buy it via paypal. Am I missing any important details for how this is done?

Thank you.
at 3pm eastern, i will unlock the existing thread. At that point folks will start to claim knives(hopefully), it's first come first served. Whom ever claims [INSERT MODEL] first, gets it.

most post look something like this..." I'll take...XYZ...."

Hope that helps & good Luck

One of the best batches I have seen - sellout by Sunday for sure. Nessmuk, ASP and PK are the standouts for me.

Bill

Thank you.

In addition to Phillip's comments, I'll also add that literally milliseconds matter and the first few seconds of unlocking is usually fast and furious like a shark frenzy. Hence the typical use of the term "Sharks" when it comes to Fiddleback Fridays. So if it opens and you begin typing out your response, you likely risk not getting it. A much safer bet is to preview the thread, pick what you like and copy that text description into Notepad or something. Add "I'll take" in front of it and copy the whole thing. Then at unlock time (3:00 Eastern sharp) you'll want to be hitting the F5 refresh key like crazy so you get as close as possible to loading that page when replies are possible. Go to the bottom, paste your response and hit Post Reply. Observe and see if you came in 1st or 6th for that knife.

Yes, it might seem somewhat crazy and competitive but .... there is fun and adrenaline involved too, sometimes frustration. You couldn't happen upon a nicer group of folks and friends though.

Good luck sharking!

In addition to Phillip's comments, I'll also add that literally milliseconds matter and the first few seconds of unlocking is usually fast and furious like a shark frenzy. Hence the typical use of the term "Sharks" when it comes to Fiddleback Fridays. So if it opens and you begin typing out your response, you likely risk not getting it. A much safer bet is to preview the thread, pick what you like and copy that text description into Notepad or something. Add "I'll take" in front of it and copy the whole thing. Then at unlock time (3:00 Eastern sharp) you'll want to be hitting the F5 refresh key like crazy so you get as close as possible to loading that page when replies are possible. Go to the bottom, paste your response and hit Post Reply. Observe and see if you came in 1st or 6th for that knife.

Yes, it might seem somewhat crazy and competitive but .... there is fun and adrenaline involved too, sometimes frustration. You couldn't happen upon a nicer group of folks and friends though.

Good luck sharking!
WELL SAID JERRY!! Especially the last part.

I am not surprised that the first four knives sold this week were my favorites from this batch. I always seemed to have the knack for picking the most popular ones week after week only to come in 2nd, 5th, or 13th for any given one when the thread was unlocked. Younger faster sharks with high speed connections and better computer skills than me rule the pool now. I say that as a statement of fact with no regrets, animosity, or jealousy, because I am already extremely lucky to have accumulated a group of Fiddlebacks that cover all of my needs.

Congratulations gentlemen on some exceptional scores!! :thumbsup::)

Even though I don't compete with the sharks any more, I watch and celebrate the newer folks scoring beautiful knives. I have to compliment the crew at Fiddleback for producing some great handle combos of late. I especially like the black micarta over black liner with a fancy wood bolster exemplified by the Bushcrafter this week and the Woodsman last week. That is a very classy handsome look that tempts me to try again...

Phil

Last edited:
I am still thinking about that bone linen gaucho from last week. I should have jumped on it when I had the chance.

Good morning all. Looks like a beautiful day here. Looking forward to the FF preview! Hope everyone has a fantastic day (night depending where you are at).

Yep, its Fridayyyy :)

ItsFriday1-vi.jpg

Back