What are you listening to?

My current pandora station for the shop is Steve Earle, John Prine, Jason Isbell, Townes Van Zandt, Robert Earl Keen, and Willie Nelson. I've done some podcasts and This American Life, but you miss big chunks while any machine is running, so it's not ideal. What's playing in your shop?

Last edited:
When I started a channel for Pandora, I started with John Prine and added Jerry Jeff Walker. It's been a great station.

I just removed all my Les Claypool and Mike Patton. I've thrown a bunch of country, BB King, Winston Marsalis and Dizzie Gillespie.

Mine are The Steeldrivers, Stoney Larue, Eric Church. Pandora is way better than satellite radio. Good thread.

Gave me a couple new artists to check out, thanks guys! If you're into good country, you really need to check out Jason Isbell. I'd start with "Southeastern", then his new album "Something More Than Free".

Had some Ryan Bingham going earlier. Also check out Reckless Kelly. I'm into singer/songwriter country.

Old-school metal and outlaw country.

When in doubt, I crank "You Got Another Thing Comin'" and "Immigrant Song" to sort of kick-start the process.

todd snider. You should add him to your progressive country / Americana mix. He is the real deal.
kc

I like that guy. Haven't heard his newer stuff, but Statistician's Blues and Seattle Grunge Rock Blues are great.

I end up working in the shop alot on Sundays after church. The local rock radio station broadcasts a syndicated 90's rock program, all the grunge stuff, etc. I like it.

I'm currently listening to Unknown Hinson, John 5, Los Straightjackets and a lot of random "surf" guitar stuff.

My channel started with Social Distortion... But I've added so many different artists that it's pretty eclectic now. Everything from punk to electronica to 20's jazz/blues... Variety is the spice of life after all!

This week on the car stereo, it was Mick Taylor era Stones, specifically "Exile on Main Street" and the Johnny Winter And..... studio record. We know that Taylor is one of the greats but I was reminded once again how good the McCoys as a backup band really were. But that could be said about all of the musicians that worked with the Winter brothers in the early to mid 70's. YO know that you have some top drawer players at your disposal when you can replace guys like Tommy Shannon and Ronnie Montrose and not miss a beat. I also put on Deep Purple "Made In Japan" the other day at home while doing some tax stuff and listened to it start to finish. That made things a lot more tolerable. :D

The only CD I have left is CCR.(lost them all in the move 3 yrs ago) When I can steal away my son's iPod, I jump on Spotify. Some of my favorite artists... Mahavishnu Orchistra, Return to Forever, Chic Corea Acoustic/Electric Band, George Duke, Herbie Hancock, Weather Report... that sort of thang.

just heard a couple bands recently, Galaxy Dynamite, TAUK, Papadosio, when I have to do alot of handsanding I listen to amethyst rock star album by saul williams...alot of underground stuff too but I still have CCR, Grateful Dead and Pink floyd nearby at all times!

Great song right there. Fits perfectly.
It seems the older I get, if the song doesn't have a story, it doesn't do it for me. Guy and John Prine get it done.

Back