What are your 3 favorite Swiss Army Knives?

1) Champion. I have had this knife since the 1970's
2) Tinker.
3) Trecker.

...this week. ;)

Spartan
Pioneer (Alox)
Cadet (Alox)

there are several other great knives, but these three always find their way in my pocket.

Last edited:
#1 Victorinox SwissChamp
#2 Victorinox Craftsman
#3 Can't decide between a ChampPlus, Deluxe Tinker, or an Explorer Plus.

That Vagabond posted earlier is sexy. I've got to get around to picking one up...if Swissbianco ever puts them back up on his site.

For me, my number one is the Classic. I have had the same sapphire Classic for the last 7 or 8 years, and it is still going strong. I am looking forward to being able to travel with it without having to check a bag. I have others, but this is my go to Classic.

My second is the Camper, a great outdoors knife. I was on the fence about this one or the Farmer, but I use the secondary blade far more than I do the awl.

Third place, the Executive. It is unique enough to where its tool load out isn't duplicated by anything else I may carry. It's a fun little knife that demands pocket time.

Mine would be the spartan and the champion plus. I currently only own those 2, aside from the little keychain ones. I have been wanting an alox, just can't decide which one. Prob one of the 2 layer ones.

The Huntsman is my all-time favorite. The combination of scissors and saw make this a fantastically useful knife for outdoorsy stuff. While it's not quite perfect, it's still excellent, and it's as close as Victorinox comes at this point. If the small blade was a sheepsfoot, I'd consider it near perfect.

The Rambler is my favorite mini-SAK. Everything I like about the Classic SD, plus a Phillips screwdriver and a bottle opener, and it's only a single layer bigger. There's nothing of questionable value on this knife (like the pill bottle opener on the Vagabond). It's all useful stuff.

The Outrider is my favorite large SAK. It's most of what I like about the Huntsman, but with a larger, locking main bade, and a Phillips screwdriver in lieu of the hook. I do lament the loss of the small blade on the large models though. I also wish this was available with a one-handed opening blade (I really dislike that most of the one-handed openers are serrated. Yuck! :grumpy:).

Back