What are your 3 favorite Swiss Army Knives?

1) Alox Soldier
2) Climber
3) Explorer

Now build an Alox Climber already, Victorinox. :D

Changes all the time but if I could only have three, right now they'd be:

- One Hand Trekker
- Farmer
toss-up between Classic and Ambassador (have the Ambassador in my pocket and the Classic on my keyring)
And right close behind is the Cadet.

Then there's the Champ, Explorer, Climber, and so on... ;)

1) Alox Cadet
2) Alox Cadet
3) Alox Cadet/Alox Electrician tie for 3rd

I noticed the Cadet is quite popular on this thread and I just ordered a limited edition Cadet in red. Comes with a leather sheath. I should have it by the end of the week.

You guys corrupt me ;-)

In order of/for EDC: Spartan, Tinker, Compact

In general: Swisschamp, Mechanic, Deluxe Tinker

Discontinued: Supertimer, Scientist, original Yeoman

I got an email from Swiss Knife Shop a couple days ago with a Fourth of July sale discount code for 10% off purchases +$30. Decided that this was a good time to buy, again ;-). So I spent the last couple days looking at what was offered on the website and decided to buy the Secretary and...the Patriot! ;-). What a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July buying a couple new knives for my EDC collection. Ha!

So my three favorite are now:

Limited edition Cadet
Secretary
Patriot

Edit: 5 July 13
I just received my new limited edition Cadet and it is sweet! It is a nice size to pocket carry in the included leather sheath. The sheath looks sub par quality compared to the one pictured on the website. I also ordered a belt sheath just in case I want to carry that way. The Secretary and Patriot will fit in both sheaths. Nice.

Last edited:
Deluxe Tinker.
Tinker.
Soldier Knife. I wish it had a small fine edge knife on it like the small blade on the Tinker. Then it would be just about the perfect pocket knife. Not sure what I'd replace though. I don't use the saw but I'm glad I have it.

SwissChamp. Sentimental value(had one more than 20 years ago, although I don't know what it's called back then and it came with a black SOS pouch) combined with utility at its best
Alox Woodsman in Sunset orange. Minimalism with two of my favorite outdoor tools in one.
Swisstool Spirit. It got no love in this thread, and I think it deserves an honorable mention, like it so much that it didn't disqualify. :D

84 mm Small Tinker
Compact
Rambler

Other SAKs that were close to the top three for me would be the Alox Soldier, Alox Cadet, Alox Pioneer, Tinker, Super Tinker, and the Explorer Plus (if I could get my hands on them, the Scientist and original Yeoman as well).

1. Farmer
2. Alox Soldier
3. Cadet
4. Tinker

Ok, I added a 4th, don't hurt me...

84 mm Small Tinker
Compact
Rambler

Other SAKs that were close to the top three for me would be the Alox Soldier, Alox Cadet, Alox Pioneer, Tinker, Super Tinker, and the Explorer Plus (if I could get my hands on them, the Scientist and original Yeoman as well).

Since I now have a new 'old' Yeoman and a new ruby swisschamp, I have reassessed my top three SAKs...

Yeoman
SwissChamp
Tinker

I think it would be easier to pick just one instead of three. IF I had to choose only one, it would definitely be the Yeoman (the Yeoman will never leave the top three). It's choosing the other two that make this difficult because of all the SAK choices that are available.

Edited: because this thread does not move along fast enough to justify a new post.

Last edited:
soldier
soldier 08
outrider
and if i can get my hands on one
a black ice collection Trailmaster
0_8463_MW94L12.jpg

soldier
soldier 08
outrider
and if i can get my hands on one
a black ice collection Trailmaster
0_8463_MW94L12.jpg

Is the lanyard (fob?) available from Vic or any other vendor? I like the end cap (zipper pull?), but can't seem to find the item on their site.

Back