What brought you to CPK?

Agreed 100%.

This community is small but it's connected so well because of referrals that it's much smaller than it seems.

There are many knives traded behind the scenes between all of us here in likely 2 degrees of separation between mutual friends.

So far the vast majority of contributors have managed to locate most of thier wish list.

It's the only sub I find myself drawn to these days. Great community here.

What brought me was just being aware of some of the regulars in the S!K forum migrated over here. Then, for some reason or other I connected with ManOfSteel89 ManOfSteel89 on the S!K Facebook page and we were chatting via messenger one afternoon when he was making a deal for a light chopper. He was like a kid at Christmas and blew up my inbox with photos and his enthusiasm was contagious. I started reading everything I could about this brand and the camaraderie here was what hooked me in.

Not long after I tried my hand a the very-addictive (!) Friday sale and landed a Field Knife.

Oh, and @betzner ...getting to benefit from his purposeful curating and sharing like he does was icing on the cake.

I only recently joined the forums to to find out whats going on with sk! And while going through that subform I kept seeing CPK pop up in a lot of posts. so naturally I had to look it up which led me here and I have to say I'm very impressed. Not just in the knives but the way that theyre involved with the community. I definitely prefer the cpk business model to the survives . Im really hoping to land one of these edcs in 4v

As I have been reading the replies to this thread, I've seen S!K come up many times. Those blades are definitely attractive, but is there something that brought you guys to S!K specifically? Is it really word of mouth that caused you to prefer CPK?

Last edited:
As I have been reading the replies to this thread, I've seen SK! come up many times. Those blades are definitely attractive, but is there something that brought you guys to SK! specifically? Is it really word of mouth that caused you to prefer CPK?

I liked the FK's design more than anything SK had to offer at the time.
The fact that you really don't have to wait for the knife to be delivered is a bonus to say the least.

At one time, Fehrman was a prime 3V option to Busse INFI. Then S!K came along. Fehrman sold the company and ceased knife production. Now there was only S!K (I had discounted BRKT for personal reasons). At the time, I was not interested in the UF or the CS and figured CPK to be a modern fantasy fighter maker :oops: . Negative feedback regarding S!K business practices led me to take another look at CPK. Coupled with what I felt to be resounding testimonials in favor of CPK, the rest is history :) ...

Last edited:
I started collecting and using sk! Knifes for... i cant even remeber how many years now haha i got my 4.1 not too long after they were released. At the time i was looking for something in 3v that was midtech. I really liked the designs, they were getting awesome reviews, and i could live with the price.

After getting my hands on it i and beating it up for a while i was very impressed. So i set out to get more whenever they had their limited sales. If im honest i liked the fact that it was something not everyone had. I spent alot of time with my esee 6 and its a great knife but i have have 3 friends that have pretty much the exact same knife. I've never seen another gso 10 in person.

I found cpk through the forum and i like the design of the knives. I really like that in the short time ive been in this subforum ive seen Nathan post quite a lot and is involved in the community. He explains everything and in the edc 4v sales thread he even said you might want to wait for the 3v unless this is what you want. Thats great to see and something i can support. This is the same reason i want to get a dark timber knife. Peter is the shit and is very involed in the community. I once sat in on a live stream with him where he was just drinking whiskey and talking about knives and life for over an hour. He's already making changes to the honey badger and 1911 after the first run based solely off customer feedback and that's great. These are the type of businesses I want to support

As I have been reading the replies to this thread, I've seen S!K come up many times. Those blades are definitely attractive, but is there something that brought you guys to S!K specifically? Is it really word of mouth that caused you to prefer CPK?

In short, Yes. Although, I can't say which I prefer yet, because I am patiently waiting for the the delivery of the four S!K's I have on order. I do love the fact there is little to no wait time to acquire CPK's.

I found Bladeforums when I was looking for a replacement for a lost mini griptilian. I replaced the mini grip (and then some :thumbsup:) and began looking for a quality fixed blade. I knew very little about what separates a quality fixed blade from mediocre one. I spent countless hours reading the forums and educating myself.

I frequently saw S!K and Busse come up, so that was my starting point. I ordered my first S!K and also bought a Ratmandu. While I liked the RMD, I was looking for something that was more of a cutter. I started looking at what other knives S!K followers liked and that led me to CPK.

I was lucky enough to get a FK and an EDC and I was hooked. I like everything CPK has to offer and I find myself wanting everything Nathan and Lorien produce. I’m continually impressed with their clean lines, fit and finish, continuous testing and frequent interaction from Nathan.

I am also impressed with the CPK sub forum. Most sub forums get ruined by a few that love to bitch and argue, but the CPK guys have kept it fun. It’s a cool place to hang out. I hope it stays that way.

I was looking for another non-factory hunting knife and perusing the general knife forum. Someone asked about just such a knife and another member mentioned Carother's FK in a simple sentence. A search followed and I was blown away at the field testing/destruction video. Chopping a cinder block in half and punching a hole through it with the same knife you can slice tomatoes with? I was sold. Of course, I found it impossible to get one until Justin mentioned they'd have them at the Blade Show, my home town. I sent a cousin to stand in line and get me one and I'm all set now.

I am also impressed with the CPK sub forum. Most sub forums get ruined by a few that love to bitch and argue, but the CPK guys have kept it fun. It’s a cool place to hang out. I hope it stays that way.

Couldn't agree more. This sub-forum turned me into believer. I went from a casual observer to fully involved in no time. This is a great group of people who really know how to keep it friendly and respectful. I think subconsciously I'm enjoying CPK so much because supporting Nathan and Jo is fun for me. Their involvement really makes this forum personal.

gusbuster pointed out this sub forum to me, but I knew of Nathan the Machinist from his 8" Fighters. I saw them on a table at Blade Show in 2013 I think. It's not a knife I would buy for myself but I was drawn to the style because of my background. From there Nathan's name was getting used a lot by other knife makers as the guy they were using for their CNC made blades. Once Fiddleback started using his services for their 'mid tech' line up, I was able to try out some of his work first hand.

I bought myself a Light Chopper this year at the Blade Show - but been so busy since then that I have yet to even take it out of the box. :(

I like the steel, blade geometry, and performance I've seen from Nathan's work ... just not a fan of the CNC'd handles and how they're attached, but that's from an aesthetic point of view. If someone offered custom shop services for one, I'd be all over it.

I kept seeing the CPK's pop up in the Busse Forums. I was able to get a field knife from the preorder. Once I got the FK I was impressed with the overall quality of the blade. So I have gotten in on the other two preorders as well. I also grabbed a nice shiv off from the forum. That is quite the knife! I think that CPK makes some of the best blades I own and they are a great value. You can tell by just holding them the amount of thought that has gone into each design. Each one has fit my hand perfectly and has arrived very sharp! I'm looking forward to the LC and the NASK.

Back