What did you use your multi-tool for today?

I used my deluxe tinker to help make a pair of paracord bracelets for my gf and I. Having the scissors and pliers really helped.

Spent the weekend helping my girlfriend move. I had several knives available, but my 91mm Tinker did all the work I needed. I cut tape, flattened a ton of boxes, installed a new door knob, tightened and removed other screws, used it to open a computer case, and a bunch of other stuff. Even trimmed my nails with it and (after washing the blade well) used it for food prep.

Trimming your nails probably meant you were using scissors on a Super or Deluxe Tinker, but on the odd chance it was a regular Tinker, how did you manage?

Trimming your nails probably meant you were using scissors on a Super or Deluxe Tinker, but on the odd chance it was a regular Tinker, how did you manage?

Actually, that was the Executive that was in my other pocket. The Tinker got most of the real work. The Executive came out for nail care and some light work. Sorry. I wasn't clear about that.

Used my Leatherman Juice to open the package of a PockettoolX Piranha! Multi-tool on multi-tool action!

I used my Leatherman Wingman to fill the new sheath that just came in for the wingman. Exciting huh?

jwh

I was driving a 20+ mile logging/seasonal road yesterday (vacation shortcut) and wound up with a flat about 12 miles inwhich is in a very remote area. I put on the mini-spare (and got eaten alive by skeeters and black flies!!!) then continued on out to a blacktop road then another 20+ miles to a service station with an air hose. I bought tire plugs and the tools to insert them but the handle on the hole file snapped off and I couldn't get the plug thru. Out came my swiss tool spirit x and I used it's reamer to file the hole. Fixed!

I use my sideclip a lot when I burn my paracord ends together. I hate when the burn isn't flattened. :D Also opened some cans of paint with the large driver lately.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

Not very exciting, or rigorous work, but used the phillips screwdriver on my SwissTool RS to tighten armrests on patio chairs.

Since it was nearby, also used its main blade to open a package the UPS driver had just delivered.

Today I used my wingman to open some packaging on a new battery for my gameboy, Saturday though it helped me out quite a bit in repairing and pulling out the slack in an electric fence for a few hours, not the greatest wire cutters, but they do the job.

I trim my nails with a knife blade. I could use scissors or a nail clipper, but i feel manlier using a knife. As long as it's sharp, I can actually do it quicker than with scissors or a trimmer.

I used my climber to scrape some crap and the other day i used it to take apart an electric grinder. Now the tweezers are missing and there is a big empty gap staring into my soul.

Well it was Sunday, but my Surge completed a full day of Father's Day projects:

My daughter is ready to move from a crib to a toddler bed, and of course I lost the allen wrench that came with the conversion bed. Out comes the Surge and the right bit to remove the screws and set up her Big Girl bed.

After she went down for a nap, the serrated blade cut the leaky flap off the master bath toilet. The jaws crimped some of the chain so that it keep from getting stuck under the flap when it flushed.

Finally pretty much ALL of the tools came into play when I installed a ceiling fan in the master bedroom. Blades, pliers, crimper, driver, you name it:p

I used my Victorinox Camper to clean gunk off of the tools on my new-to-me, used Leatherman XE6 that I just received from the world's biggest auction site.

Yesterday, when this current round was resuscitated: tightened screw securing front doorknob, trimmed unruly stems from the hedges, scored an orange peel, opened several packages, cut out some ivy that's been trying to take over the outside walls, cracked open several stubborn pistachios, scraped mung out of boot treads, opened a bottle of Fat Weasel ale (Trader Joe's), and removed the bottoms of a few empty cans so I could moosh them flat; all these with a Juice S2.

Today, nothing.

Used my Leatherman Charge TTi to tighten the bolts and screws on an IV pump and pole so the damn thing wouldn't hit the ground and take the insertion sites with it.

A couple of days ago, a friend and coworker was changing some fluorescent bulbs at work when one broke and he got a tiny piece of glass in his finger. He said he needed some tweezers to get it out, so I went to my desk and grabbed an extra Victorinox MiniChamp (older version) that I keep in the drawer. He was able to get the glass out of this finger, and I was suddenly more appreciative of the SAK models with cellidor scales. He was admiring the MiniChamp and told me he lost his little swiss knife a year ago. I told him to keep the MiniChamp and he was very happy :)

Back