What did you use your sak for today?

If you ever eat at jack in the box do yourself a favor, order some bacon cheddar potato wedges and some chicken nuggets then proceed to cut them up and mix them in. It's one of the most delicious things to be had from any fast food restaurant😋

Anyways that's what I used my vic recruit for today.

Yesterday was a big day for my Evogrip 11. The large screwdriver opened some stubborn pistachio shells without hardly trying. The small screwdriver help out with some light repairs twice. Once on the minuscule screws of a tiny flashlight needing battery replacement and the second time mounting a buffing pad on a rotary tool. The bottle opener was used for it's intended purpose and the blade shortened some leather laces being used in the making of knife fobs. Both the fingernail cleaner and file came in handy in an on-the-spot grooming need as well as the toothpick. At the end of the day I was wondering how anyone could get along without one. :)

My dedicated SAK this weekend was my Black Classic, with my deluxe tinker by my side just incase. The Classic handled all my needs with ease. Tasks handled by the knife included opening mail, baby wipes, batteries, and a toy car. The scissors took care of a loose thread, tags on a pair of shoes, and cut a straw to make it shorter. The screwdriver was my go to for a quick battery change in my sons music box, which he always helps out with. As always I can't say enough good things about my Classics.

Today I put my Cadet to work. My wife's cell phone had a stand attached to the back that was held in place with some very stout adhesive tape or something. The stand broke so she wanted the whole thing removed. I took some surgical spirits and the nail file of my Cadet and went to work. In just a minute or two I had that removed using the spirits to work on the adhesive and the file to shove underneath to break the bond. Then it was just a matter of cleaning up. Gotta love a Cadet.

Just picked up a classic sd today, was great for a quick manicure on my lunch break:D

Just picked up a classic sd today, was great for a quick manicure on my lunch break:D

Just a short while ago I did the same with my Manager after trimming a broken nail with the scissors. Yesterday, I used the pen for hours while shopping and ticking things off my list as I added them to the baskets (grocery, hardware.) I’ve given up carrying a full size pen for these tasks and use the Manager instead. The pen is actually more reliable than the cheapo ones I steal from the bank.

My dedicated SAK this weekend was my Black Classic, with my deluxe tinker by my side just incase. The Classic handled all my needs with ease. Tasks handled by the knife included opening mail, baby wipes, batteries, and a toy car. The scissors took care of a loose thread, tags on a pair of shoes, and cut a straw to make it shorter. The screwdriver was my go to for a quick battery change in my sons music box, which he always helps out with. As always I can't say enough good things about my Classics.

That's a great after-action report! :thumbup:

The tiny Classic is up to the majority of most mundane tasks and disappears into the pocket along with change and keys. I love mine.

Being that I Live in a apartment full of men who like to game, we have many game systems. Last night I used the main blade of my Vic Farmer to trim down the rubber and plastic coating on the head of an HDMI cable. GTA was calling our name, and unfortunately we had used all but the last HDMI cord in our stash. The head of the cable was way too thick to fit into the port on the back of the PS4. The Farmer saved the night as per usual, and we enjoyed GTA, and a few cold ones cracked open by the cap lifter as well!

Well today was my birthday and I received a nice little Classic so I used my other Classic to open it.

Happy birthday. Mine is tomorrow, though I highly doubt anyone will give me a knife.

Yesterday I used my Super T to cut the hospital band from my wrist, among other things. I didn't want to bring a modern folder into the hospital with me, so it was perfect.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Thanks! Happy Birthday to you also. My Twin girls birthday are today as well.

A trick shared by Robert aka Sak Guy. Enjoyed an end of the day cigar:thumbsup: When you get to the best part (for me anyways) to deal with the heat you implement the awl mighty awl, see what I did there;):D

HmQMLb.jpg

Never tried that with a cigar. But I'm not a big cigar smoker either. Last one was probably a year ago.

Used my discontinued Adventurer today to open a case of Coke, open some mail, cut spent bloom stems off some of my flowers, open some bags of soil and mulch or in other words, whatever needs a little cutting.

Noticing that my bicycle's trip computer had stopped working caused me to peddle to a nearby store where I used the scissors on a Vic classic to open the new battery's packaging. The Vic's screwdriver was then put to use unlocking, opening, and re-locking the speedo's battery compartment. Finally the toothpick was used to repeatedly press a recessed button to reset the time and mileage counter on the odometer. Three tools necessary and all three in my pocket, Vic classics do come in handy.

My Pruner opened a parcel with the pruner blade then used the main blade to open a packet of hot dogs, slice some buns, spread the ketchup then spear the hot dogs into the buns. All that and it's only 2pm. :D

Used the scissors on my compact to snip the head off a tick that was crawling up the neck of my daughter's orthodontist. Bit of an odd start to the day.

Back