What did your SAK do today?

Large blade on modified compact (no small blade) to trim built up dried superglue from the pin-stopper. Tweezers pulled the scraps after pulling pages out of a spiral notepad...aand plucked another old man ear hair.

Which one? Collectively they were joined by a Hiker and a Pioneer Alox lol. And if they had the Farmer Alox in stock I would have gotten that one as well :D

(UPS store of all places)

Since our electric can opener is such a giant piece of crap ( Somebody please tell me a good one that works )
I used my Climber II to open some cans for a mexican casserole I made earlier tonight.

I love this thread!!
John

Oh today my compact opened my new champion plus, fixed a hang nail, tightened up my crkt m16 pivot, clipped a tag off a hoodie and gave me something to fiddle with while watching that new show, blade brothers.

On a weekend getaway with my two younger sisters the past few days. I used the cap lifter on my Climber one evening to open a refreshing malt beverage.

My youngest sister lamented the fact that she had not yet replaced the Classic she recently removed from her keychain and gave to one of her sons. I took the one off my keychain and tossed it to her. It went back to Indiana with her this morning.

As I stood in the kitchen and grabbed some canned chicken to make some simple chicken salad I decided to ignore the various can openers and instead used the Bantam's combo blade.

The first pierce is firm but after that, as long as you start the tip in the cut area (vs re-cutting thru the can), it is quite functional.

Today, used a '02 Soldier to open a can when the pull-top ring broke off.

Not today, but recently, used the scissors on a Wenger Nomad to cut the umbilical cord of a kitten whose mother hadn't finished the job overnight.
Love my SAKs.

Sat around while i drank beer. I would have used to bottle opener but the cap is twist off..

dsc00841do.jpg

Today my alox minichamp opened a box of diapers, cut some tape and opened a package received in the mail. I've had it about a week and use it daily. I'm really liking this little pocket demon.

4287f6921494db2644c8728a55cafa82.jpg

I cut down mulberry saplings with my Wenger Classic 66. Mulberries grown under the fence from my neighbor's yard. I can't go there to dig them up, so I cut them down on my side when I'm feeling energetic.

attachment.php

Big job for a little knife.

attachment.php

I hope Victorinox keeps it in production, but they need to drop the stupid name — even Alpha 66 would be better :eek:

It's a Lumberjack with a corkscrew, so I would call it a Wino-Jack. Unfortunately, my best ideas are always laughed at. Why was I cursed with this talent?

Classic66_1.jpgClassic66_2.jpg

I used my compact to open cans, one of sliced olives and another for stewed tomatoes. I made one fantastic Chicago deep dish pizza.
John

Used the minichamp to adjust open sights on several guns. And later used the nail file to pry out some crimped cases that got stuck in the cylinder.
null-94.jpg

null-58.jpg

Yesterday used the scissors on my Compact to trim dead off a clematis and today the blade to open mail and clean 3 nice brook trout, (yummy)

I used my blue custom SAK that Syph made for me to sight in my son's new 22 rifle. the screwdriver was put to good use on the Aimpoint adjustment slots.
John

Used the flat screwdriver on the Tinker to remove a bathtub drain cover and then used the blade to get all the nasty stuff out that was clogging it.

Back