What did your SAK do today?

Spartan: large screwdriver opened the office bathroom door that was left locked by mistake, with no one inside. It is one of those that doesn't have an actual key, just a slotted lock.

Swisschamp and spartan combo: corkie on the toilet broke at the rubber where the ring goes in for the chain. No place open that has the right one. Used the reamer to open a new hole, and pliers from the swisschamp and screwdriver from the spartan to open a ring that I slid through the new hole. Pliers on the Swisschamp to close the ring. I can now flush the toilet again.

Got a vintage Explorer today so I sharpened her up and used her to open the mail and a bottle of Cab.

Spartan.

Cap lifter to open 3 beers on a bbq outing.

Corkscrew to open up 3 bottles of wine, same bbq.

Reamer to break up ice, same bbq and open up some food packages, and the wrapper of the above wines.

Today:

Spartan. Used the screwdriver to unscrew and remove the fronnt panel to a pool heater, large blade to strip wire and wire stripper on bottle opener to remove the insulation. Mini-screwdriver and reamer to remove and thread wire on a wiring harness on the pool heater.

Climber rode along to an outdoor concert last night for the specific purpose of opening a bottle of Riesling. Didn't see any action though, as unbeknownst to me, my wife had packed a proper corkscrew in the picnic basket.

"Farmer"
Tightened a handle on a pot.
Opened a can of peaches and a can of beans.
Made an extra tent stake.
:yawn:

Vic Outdoorsman.......actually, an Outdoorsman Plus as I removed the Marlboro scales and replaced them with "Plus" scales, the pen, pin, and mini screwdriver.

Anyway, that SAK and I have been spending the last few days together bass and bream fishing. Today was a rainy day.......a good day to get the gear cleaned and ready for the next fishing trip.

-loosened the screw on a Zebco 33 to remove the cover. This is a vintage 33.....from the sixties.
-cut the line from the spool
-used the scissors to cut the zip ties I have reinforcing the reel to the rod so that I could free the reel for cleaning.
-put new zip ties on and trimmed them to size.

Then I came inside and re-sharpened both blades, stropped them, and got them back up to specs. They pop hairs with ease.

Thats awesome. The only thing I don´t like about the models with scissors is that sometimes, when using them for stuff like zip ties, on mine at least, the scissors lose sharpness and never regain it, even after sharpening.

Vic Climber went on a hike:

9216348169_8f730bed8c_c.jpg

:cool:

I took my Victorinox Nomad on a walk through the woods today and it cut bread and saucages.

I just got my first SAK a few hours ago, a gift from my fiancée. So far it has filed down an unruly nail, and I expect to see a lot more use from it.

Cybertool 34: mini-screwdriver to tighten a screw on the band of my watch, that was coming undone.

Nothing.

I had to unclip the Climber from my book bag, and leave the portion of my keyring with the Signature Lite in my vehicle, because I began jury duty this morning.

My brother used his Spartan to jimmy out his ATM card that got stuck in the machine. He used the large blade to press down as it tried to eject - seems the rail was mis-aligned.

Used the awl on the Wenger SI to remove staples and used the blade to open a bag with cookies.

My SwissChamp has opened packages, cut onions, and helped me get a good look at some small chips on the edge of one of my favorite folders thanks to the magnifying glass.

Back