What did your SAK do today?

Spartan: reamer to let out excess air out of a tire

Later in the day, Swisschamp: tightened handle on fridge (phillips screwdriver).

Spent hours with my OH Trekker cutting vines, weeds and other yard overgrowth from 11 straight days of rain. Normally, I'm not big on partially serrated blades, but I must admit, this one is done well. Also, the saw was just right for those saplings and branches growing out of spaces too tight for my pruning saw. For yard, field and wood uses, this Vic is my absolute favorite.

Took down a track light and installed a ceiling fan.

Trekker: used the saw when removing the old light.

Mechanic: pliers for holding nuts while assembling the fan blades.

Bantam: blade and wire stripper for, would you believe it, stripping wires.

Also handy were two Picquic multi-bit screwdrivers and a couple of pliers-based multitools, but we all know it was the SAKs that did the important parts.

Swisschamp

Philips to change out license plate

New one was bent, so used the pliers to bend it back

Cybertool 34 to remove and fix phone jack

Spartan, large screwdriver to undonchild-lock

My trusty Waiter quartered an apple and worked slicing 7 year cheddar to go with it. That is what it does on most days, as I love apple and cheese as a snack while working, and it gives me a chance to use the waiter.

I also opened a cardboard envelope when I arrived home, my wife had ordered a new checkbook cover and I arrived home first and was able to slice the package open.

I never leave home without my Waiter, I love my Kershaw/ZT/Benchmade/Spyderco/HTM/Case/GEC knives, but I NEVER leave my Waiter at home.

Image6.jpg

best

mqqn

I was out and about on my tractor and had to cut a piece of sagebrush away from an axle with the alox farmer I had in my pocket.

I was able to use the reamer with my Ferro rod to show the guys at work how awesome the Victorinox farmer is at casting sparks :cool:

Vic Marlboro Outdoorsman ~ used the toothpick to remove Kookaburra Wing parts from my two front teeth at the Outback.

Worked a philips screw with the Super Tinker. Nephews are now enjoying some video game action. Ugh!

I had to install some handmade bird feeders we got for christmas (hollowed out of gourds). I ended up using my Swisschamp to cut a tree branch, trim leather strips, crimp a small chain, bore some holes, stir the tobacco in my pipe, and turn some screws. It was awesome to have every tool I needed in my hand the whole time.
SAK-2_zps147216fc.jpg

Long live the Swisschamp!

Last edited:
Actually, this is about something my SAK did not do today. I was with a friend about to open some packages. As I was reaching for my SAK, he grabbed a box and said "I'll do it," then proceeded tackle the job with a key while I sat there with three knives in my pockets watching the struggle. Out of kindness I didn't say anything but thought the incident very funny.

I used my Victorinox Super Tinker to cut down some cardboard sheets for target practice.

Jim

Actually opened a can with the bantam. It's too thin to be a comfortable can opener, but the little thing worked.
image.jpg2_zpsbtwo1agb.jpg

Not today but yesterdays SwissChamp opening a can

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

Today I opened a glass of coca cola with the bottle opener

I used my red Cadet to cut some cheese, tomatoes, peppers and onions up for the supreme omelet I made the wife and I for breakfast. I should have went ahead and buttered the toast as well. :D

Pioneer - I used my one and only to disassemble a door knob/lock because we got locked out!

Then the Pioneer finally bit me for the first time(after almost a year as a dedicated primary edc) while I was looking at other knives online, now it's REALLY mine!

Actually opened a can with the bantam. It's too thin to be a comfortable can opener, but the little thing worked.
image.jpg2_zpsbtwo1agb.jpg

I just cannot get along with the combo tool. It will work, but I feel like the standard Vic can opener design is so much easier to use. The bantam being so thin probably made it even worse.

Not trying to be negative but just my opinion.

Back