What do you drive?

I drive a tuned, bagged, TDI Passat, 5 speed.

E0vhEvE.jpg

I've got a few rides.

Daily driver is a whippled 2015 anniversary mustang. Bout 850 bhp (675 whp) but haven't checked it out since the last swap to smaller pulley. It made 620 whp on a smaller blower and less boost.

1B4C4C78-32C4-4B5C-9F9C-3C81EC6ED9A3.jpg

A little fun...

6837DA30-3520-4870-88AD-2EA722454385.png

Next up is my factory five mk 4. It's a pushrod 302, 310 whp and tons of fun. Everything I go for a run through the gears, and that little motor just sounds so perfect at full song, I giggle like a school girl. I built it entirely myself and only thing I subbed out was spraying the color and clear.

726722CC-7904-4FD2-930E-3C9FFEDB17E4.jpg

3BA15026-9ADA-4BE9-9BE3-AAE211D69A99.jpg

And, lastly, is a 33 Ford I'm building. I searched for an original then fell in love with factory fives frame and front suspension. So i located that (and their body since it'll fit easier) and am in the process of mocking up the suspension so I can start body work. It will get a coyote 5.0 with same whipple as the 2015, 6r80 trans (which will require lots of frame work), power steering, power brakes, air conditioner, heat, defroster, removeabke hard top with power windows, all doors, trunk and hood on door popper, custom interior and trunk, radio, you name it. I'm in process of welding up all the brackets on the rear end and hopefully next week I'll have the rolling chassis complete and start plumbing the stainless and AN brake lines. This is all I have for pics right now. I just started this about a week and a half ago.
B022A4C8-5754-4AAE-8839-ECBA5CD68763.jpg

2150F6CE-6698-4098-B979-C37B6EAB7AC7.jpg

My 2002 Toyota taco. Took delivery of it in September 2001, and 160,000 miles ago. Been the best car I ever had. Driven coast to coast a few times, and once we moved from Maryland to Texas, it's been back to Maryland twice and out to the daughters place in California twice. I love this little truck and will not part with it. If the motor or tranny goes, I'll stick another one in and keep going. The better half is happy with her 2013 Camry, so she leaves my little truck alone.

I've got a few rides.

Daily driver is a whippled 2015 anniversary mustang. Bout 850 bhp (675 whp) but haven't checked it out since the last swap to smaller pulley. It made 620 whp on a smaller blower and less boost.

1B4C4C78-32C4-4B5C-9F9C-3C81EC6ED9A3.jpg

A little fun...

6837DA30-3520-4870-88AD-2EA722454385.png

Next up is my factory five mk 4. It's a pushrod 302, 310 whp and tons of fun. Everything I go for a run through the gears, and that little motor just sounds so perfect at full song, I giggle like a school girl. I built it entirely myself and only thing I subbed out was spraying the color and clear.

726722CC-7904-4FD2-930E-3C9FFEDB17E4.jpg

3BA15026-9ADA-4BE9-9BE3-AAE211D69A99.jpg

And, lastly, is a 33 Ford I'm building. I searched for an original then fell in love with factory fives frame and front suspension. So i located that (and their body since it'll fit easier) and am in the process of mocking up the suspension so I can start body work. It will get a coyote 5.0 with same whipple as the 2015, 6r80 trans (which will require lots of frame work), power steering, power brakes, air conditioner, heat, defroster, removeabke hard top with power windows, all doors, trunk and hood on door popper, custom interior and trunk, radio, you name it. I'm in process of welding up all the brackets on the rear end and hopefully next week I'll have the rolling chassis complete and start plumbing the stainless and AN brake lines. This is all I have for pics right now. I just started this about a week and a half ago.
B022A4C8-5754-4AAE-8839-ECBA5CD68763.jpg

2150F6CE-6698-4098-B979-C37B6EAB7AC7.jpg
Whippled mustangs are fun. Lol Most drivers ruin the outlook on mustangs though. I'm digging the MK 4 too.

Whippled mustangs are fun. Lol Most drivers ruin the outlook on mustangs though. I'm digging the MK 4 too.

Lol. Very much fun. And with the auto, just as smooth as can be. Almost deceptive.

You are correct about the outlook also. But I grew out of that long ago. Rarely does anyone see me play. I don't go showing off or drag racing all over. Especially with the wife or our kids in the car. My friend got behind me a couple days ago and texted "you the only dude I know has 850 hp mustang and drives like a grandpa". Lol!

The mk4 is a kick in the butt. Anyone can build one. And for less than 30k also if you put the time in to learn to do it yourself. Especially the body work.

Lol. Very much fun. And with the auto, just as smooth as can be. Almost deceptive.

You are correct about the outlook also. But I grew out of that long ago. Rarely does anyone see me play. I don't go showing off or drag racing all over. Especially with the wife or our kids in the car. My friend got behind me a couple days ago and texted "you the only dude I know has 850 hp mustang and drives like a grandpa". Lol!

The mk4 is a kick in the butt. Anyone can build one. And for less than 30k also if you put the time in to learn to do it yourself. Especially the body work.
Lol. Yeah I bet that 850bhp is fun as can be. Last mustang I drove was a 2014 GT500 and that was a beast. 500+hp on the street imo useless. And I'd love to build an MK 4 but florida rains to damn much. I'd never drive it.

Some very nice and fun rides on here. I'm especially impressed with anyone who can build\modify their own. I'm all thumbs. I drive a boring 2015 Nissan Frontier, but it does what I need it to do. A pick up is a necessity for my side business. But I don't need a big truck that can tow a lot, just a place to throw mowers and trash, etc.

So, serious question. When you are driving an 850 hp car on the street, is it hard not to spin the tires (even when you don't want to?)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab... that is currently in the shop for a water pump and thermostat replacement... lol. Wife has a 2006 Jetta TDI that has been a tank of a car but is going to need to be replaced at some point in the near future.

Completely stock 2001 Lexus GS300

Some very nice and fun rides on here. I'm especially impressed with anyone who can build\modify their own. I'm all thumbs. I drive a boring 2015 Nissan Frontier, but it does what I need it to do. A pick up is a necessity for my side business. But I don't need a big truck that can tow a lot, just a place to throw mowers and trash, etc.

So, serious question. When you are driving an 850 hp car on the street, is it hard not to spin the tires (even when you don't want to?)
850hp on the street is a lot but a good driver wouldn't break the tires often. It happens sometimes when it's wet or cold. Shouldn't happen often though

It's very take and even natured. You just only use like 1/4" of pedal travel most of the time. Maybe even less. Half throttle starts to get interesting. Full throttle in 1st and even 2nd isn't much use. 3rd starts feeling like the hand of God is pushing you down the road. Lol

Back