What do you drive?

Holden SS Ute for everyday driving, LS1, 6 speed, no engine mods, stainless exhaust and headers, lowered and front and rear sway bars, 356 rwhp.
HSV GTO for weekends and car club cruises, LS3, 6 speed, too many mods to list, 496rwhp
IMG_0358_zpscvobvpaf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0770_zps1883702a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Holden SS Ute for everyday driving, LS1, 6 speed, no engine mods, stainless exhaust and headers, lowered and front and rear sway bars, 356 rwhp.
HSV GTO for weekends and car club cruises, LS3, 6 speed, too many mods to list, 496rwhp
IMG_0358_zpscvobvpaf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_DSC0770_zps1883702a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You guys down under get all the fun cars!

Can't wait to go visit there again.

^ Nice, I love those. That color is perfect for them. The 4 Runner as well. I'd like to see them in OD green too. That's a damn good bug out vehicle.

I drive a 07 Saab 2.0T at the moment but I gotta say I'm really liking that new Focus RS. Can't believe I am even saying that either. Ford has really stepped up their game. I used to not like most American cars at all until a couple years ago. There are some really nice options out now. But the Focus RS, 2.3 Turbo 350hp / 350lb-ft !!! and tuned for some hair raising fun. Great engine, great suspension, very quick spooling turbo, perfect exhaust note, very nice interior, launch and drift mode!? Jesus! Crazy I can't believe it's a FORD FOCUS!!! Spanks the STI/EVO/Golf R which I'm not a huge fan of anymore anyways. Especially the STI/Evo, you see way too many of them. I do like the Golf R a lot though. The only problem is they're so hot right now that finding one just for MSRP is near impossible. They're going for $5k-$15k over MSRP!

wmi4w.jpg

2iscaqc.jpg

My daily driver/work vehicle is a blacked out F150

My highway vehicle/ sleeper rocketship is a 2007 V10 Audi S6

I had a real nice black 2016 V6 Camaro. Unfortunately it was my only car and was terrible to drive in Canadian winters. I sold it and got a nice reliable Toyota Rav4. It is much better in the snow and has a better trunk so I can throw my big rottie in there.

As the weather is starting to turn nice I start to miss that Camaro. I also had a GORGEOUS Nissan pathfinder. I loved that car but someone totalled it by driving into me while I was parked at like 120km/h. The guy was high on dope but because he went to the hopsital he somehow didn't get charged with DUI. It was a 2005 pathfinder. I loved that car, they don't make Pathfinders in that style anymore.

I gotta say I'm really liking that new Focus RS. Can't believe I am even saying that either. Ford has really stepped up their game. I used to not like most American cars at all until a couple years ago. There are some really nice options out now. But the Focus RS, 2.3 Turbo 350hp / 350lb-ft !!! and tuned for some hair raising fun. Great engine, great suspension, very quick spooling turbo, perfect exhaust note, very nice interior, launch and drift mode!? Jesus! Crazy I can't believe it's a FORD FOCUS!!!

I bought a Focus new in 2013 (I drive a lot, good mileage, support 'merica, all that) and it's been a complete POS that Ford won't even do anything about. Crappy shifting, I'm on my 3rd clutch system (been needing a new one but Ford has yet to come out with a 15th variation yet), the power steering went out on me exactly at 60,000 miles (I have photo proof) while I was in Nashville Tennessee on my way to Blade show and I got hosed on the whole deal (towing, rental car, location, timing, resetting my damn steering wheel after Mid Tenn Ford installed the new gear box, etc.). Can't tell you how many times I've almost been rear-ended cause the crappy shifting and the 2+ second hesitation on acceleration. Plus it blowing out a factory tire at 5k miles....on new Years Day....2014.....on a strip of interstate in Indiana at 9pm that had 0 lighting....

The car you're looking at may be different in a lot of ways to my Focus, but IMO, screw Ford (and 4 of my 5 vehicles have been Fords). If the car you're looking at proves to be a turd they won't give two poops about you.

This car has been so bad I'm sending weekly FU letters until I get rid of this car. I refuse to own this car any mile past 100,000k miles (my extended "warranty")

Just say no. Despite what your American side says....just...say....no

Oh. Did I mention that it's been under recall for some issue or another since I've bought it? Right now my doors may come open when I'm driving it. But have no fear. Cause Ford doesn't know how to fix this issue

Last edited:
I currently own two cars, even though I live with my parents (long story). I have a 2012 Kia Forte Hatchback EX, every option available. Love that little car. I put a short ram in when the warranty ran out this past September (I bought it 9/2011).

Still have the power train warranty. Really a blast to drive, has only been in the shop once, this last summer for a power window switch. Selling it soon unfortunately. Only 44k on it. Upgraded the speakers to Infinity with an 800 watt four channel mtx amp. Stock head unit with touchscreen nav.

My dad is driving my 2011 Kia Sorento SX, as his 2003 Honda Pilot isn't running. Once he fixes the Pilot, sells it, and buys a new car, I will get the Sorento back. Has every option but 4wd and DVD.

I've owned a lot of cars in 22 years of driving. The last four cars have been my faves.

I've had:

1983 Chevy Citation 2door, bought for $150. Trans blew after 6 months.
1988 Chevy Astro my parents gave me. It was burning oil, died after two months.
1987 Chrysler 5th Avenue loaded, 318 V8. Had for six months, was rear ended, car totaled. Such a pimp mobile.
1990 VW Passat my dad gave me. Biggest POS ever, always in the shop, at least once a month. Finally sold it.
1999 Honda Civic hatchback--Split it with my dad. He wanted me to have a new car, but was a cheap add bastard. 5 speed, crappy tires, no stereo. I put in a sound system, short throw shifter, led aluminum shift knob, CAI, Fatback exhaust. Totalled it a few days after my 21st birthday. Slid 300+ feet in the rain, put a Honda Accord on my hood through the windshield, pushed it into an Mercedes E190.

Had to go to a driver's rehab program at Marion Joy hospital, I was afraid to drive. After that, I've never had an at fault accident.

1990 Chevy Camaro RS 305 V8. T-tops. Owned it four years. Modded it for the local 1/8 mile strip and street use.

Holley heads, intake, and throttle body
Hooker headers
Flowmaster American thunder cat back, with chrome tips set 3" in from bumper to keep it stock.
Accel ignition,
Hypertech obd 1 chip
Accel distributor, plugs, wires
Accel air cleaner
Disabled EGR valve
Exhaust cutouts
Optima yellow AGM battery
Removed interior plastic trim in hatch to save weight. Came in at just under 3000lbs.
Kenwood head unit, speakers, amp. I don't do subs generally.
Don't remember my times on the track, but it came in at 425hp at the crank. It had a Ford 9" rear end, auto trans. GM manual was a POS, could handle much power. Looked totally stock.

Spent all my money on mods, never fixed other things. Door lock on passenger side didn't work (keyhole), driver's side door would freeze shut so I had to climb in through the hatch, then hold the door open lever and kick the driver door open from the passenger seat.

Last edited:
09 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi
Wish it was a diesel though.
I also have a 2011 Ram 1500 I don't have a picture of that I bought for my wife.
E7E4DC65-EC7A-4648-ACB9-3A6D24CEA00C_zps2fede1ds.jpg

I bought a Focus new in 2013 (I drive a lot, good mileage, support 'merica, all that) and it's been a complete POS that Ford won't even do anything about. Crappy shifting, I'm on my 3rd clutch system (been needing a new one but Ford has yet to come out with a 15th variation yet), the power steering went out on me exactly at 60,000 miles (I have photo proof) while I was in Nashville Tennessee on my way to Blade show and I got hosed on the whole deal (towing, rental car, location, timing, resetting my damn steering wheel after Mid Tenn Ford installed the new gear box, etc.). Can't tell you how many times I've almost been rear-ended cause the crappy shifting and the 2+ second hesitation on acceleration. Plus it blowing out a factory tire at 5k miles....on new Years Day....2014.....on a strip of interstate in Indiana at 9pm that had 0 lighting....

The car you're looking at may be different in a lot of ways to my Focus, but IMO, screw Ford (and 4 of my 5 vehicles have been Fords). If the car you're looking at proves to be a turd they won't give two poops about you.

This car has been so bad I'm sending weekly FU letters until I get rid of this car. I refuse to own this car any mile past 100,000k miles (my extended "warranty")

Just say no. Despite what your American side says....just...say....no

Oh. Did I mention that it's been under recall for some issue or another since I've bought it? Right now my doors may come open when I'm driving it. But have no fear. Cause Ford doesn't know how to fix this issue

Goddamn that sounds terrible!

I had a pretty bad experience with my 2001 VW GTI when I had it in the mid 2000's.

Got it with 28k on the clock, 1 church going owner, great condition.

Damn thing broke down so many times... don't even remember how many times it had to be towed. Wasn't all of the cars fault I guess, but a lot of it was. Went through like 3 or 4 MAF sensors.

Ridiculous transmission problems were the worst. One day normal driving I was cruising in 5th gear and went to down shift the gears to get to a stop and the shifter was stuck in gear. Literally would not come out of 5th. Coasted into a lot and tried for an hour. Checked what linkage I could see. It was towed. The shop told me they had no idea what happened, they said maybe a rock flew up into the transmission somehow (wtf??)

They couldn't fix it permanently and it kept happening. It was under warranty they eventually had to replace the entire trans. Very weird.

Damn car always had a CEL as well, constsntly miss firing and running on 3 cylinders half the time. It was a fun little car when it ran right though.

I'd say right now my dream car that is realistic and inexpensive would probably be something like a Audi RS4 or 6. Any year really. Or those performance s40/s60 t5 R Volvos you rarely see, 2007 or around.

Last edited:
Currently I'm driving a 2001 Isuzu 4WD Trooper. It gets me where I want to go and cost me $4K.

Well, the Trooper finally got to where I could no longer count on it to get me to work. Great car, except for the GM transmission that was actually designed for a midsize two-wheel drive car. Whoever decided to use it on a 4wd heavy SUV with skid plates should have had his head examined. Over the years I got it rebuilt twice, heavy maintenance on it earlier this year, then it needed another rebuild. There was enough other minor stuff happening with the car that it was time to part ways.

I knew the day was coming so I'd been keeping an eye on autotrader and reading reviews to see what I might be interested in buying when the time came. I settled on a Kia Sportage. The reviews were uniformly good on it, and it was about the right size and had the right standard options and the price was right.

When the trooper died, I went to Hertz car sales and bought a 2018 Kia Sportage with 44K miles on it for 14K and change plus tax and license. Nice car and very fun to drive. My commute is short so its mileage will catch up with the average mileage in a couple of years. This is the second car I've bought from Hertz. I bought a car from them in '89 and it was a good deal. We'll see how this one goes.

Last month, after 17.5 yrs, I gave up my 2002 Blazer. Now driving a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek. The low riding position took some getting used to (after driving Blazers for almost 30 yrs); but, overall, I like it so far.

Reactions: BBW
1989 Dodge Raider, or Mitsubishi Montero.
Beet to hell, as much rust as metal, but starts and drives and the 4 wheel drive still works great.
It's also got an inclinometer, just so I know when it's about to role over.

Back