What do you WANT??

thumbup: Congrats. Would like to see a 3 inch, full bellied, non serrated, non tactical, can work around boats, water, good hunting/work folder, titanium handle, talonite steel.:):) I would sign up in a heatbeat. Call it "Black Lab."

VG-10 maybe H1.

Good fighting blade profiles. ie Almar Shiva or similar.

Serration option similar to Spyderco that can easily be resharpened by the owner. NO FINE SERRATIONS.

A big beefy folder 4-5", VG-10 steel, G10 or micarta scales that is not priced out of the realm of your average purchaser.

Beauty and functionality. I want it pretty, but I also want something that I WANT to use.

Handle and PE/SE/CE choices. Too often I've seen knives that I really liked BUT didn't like the combo edge or handle material.

Solid warranty (Looks like you have that covered already).

Makers/staff that are easy to get in touch with and reply in a timely fashion (Again, think you guys have that really well covered).

Price. I have no qualms about paying extra for a custom knife made by great knife makers, but I like to feel that I'm paying for the materials, design effort and the maker's sweat (And sometimes blood:eek:), not the "name".

Something I find interesting is the comparison to Busse..... that is in my opinion...a good thing. :D

As for acquiring Busse knives....there is no better place then right here on Bladeforums. I have never had an issue finding what I wanted or needed. Having said that, K9 is a business at the end of the day and the focus is making coin.

Continue to put out great design and product as you two have individually and I foresee great things for both of you.

Something I find interesting is the comparison to Busse..... that is in my opinion...a good thing. :D
As for acquiring Busse knives....there is no better place then right here on Bladeforums. I have never had an issue finding what I wanted or needed.

Yes you can buy busse knifes here for a HUGE markup.
I'll reiterate my no limited runs nonsense hope here again.

I've noticed the similarities to Busse in casting the business aspect, but in all fairness, Tom and Dan seem to be taking some very desirable aspects of it and putting their own spin on it while embellishing with their own styles.
We can buy almost anything here for a huge mark-up, but all it takes is a little work and you can get most at close to cost.
If any makers work becomes very desirable, all their work is a limited run. I want to see Tom and Dan do what I've seen them doing all along. Strive to keep learning and making new and interesting designs while keeping their customers happy by getting them done in a timely fashion. Be successful guys!

Yes you can buy busse knifes here for a HUGE markup.
I'll reiterate my no limited runs nonsense hope here again.

Sorry, but I'll point that out as an inaccurate statement.

You can easily buy Busse knives right here on this forum at original price and market cost. To suggest otherwise is misinformed at best.

Anything found here falling the in the category of "HUGE mark up" is typically falling in the "collectors category." Hence the mark up. Busse is not exclusive in that respect or phenomenon.

Ultimately, it should be K9 Knives goal to be sought after, have a sought after product line and be compared to at some point. Period.

My 2 cents worth. Not often dicussed but to me one of the most important aspects of a great knife is the handle. The material and ergonomics are critical in my choice of what to use. Spyderco's Hossom line, for example, has great ergonomics (although I am a bit tired of Micarta as a material) I have also taken to liking blaze orange as a color. It is so easy to find on the ground or bench. Some innovation in handle design and material would be a welcome change and might be a great way to standout.

Blackwind, I often see Busse knives being sold for 50+ dollars more then the original price used and unused. To me that is a huge markup. I also often see the knives being sold for twice the original price. Calling me misinformed at best is calling me an idiot. I actually have the ability to surf to more then one site and look at prices and compare thank you. I think almost every knife Busse sell must be collectors editions going from what you say.

Blackwind, I often see Busse knives being sold for 50+ dollars more then the original price used and unused. To me that is a huge markup. I also often see the knives being sold for twice the original price. Calling me misinformed at best is calling me an idiot. I actually have the ability to surf to more then one site and look at prices and compare thank you. I think almost every knife Busse sell must be collectors editions going from what you say.

Hardly...hell, shipping can easily be half of that 50 dollars especially when shipping. Say....your locale? A bit more then that.

As for your "idiot" comment, I did nothing of the kind. If the shoe fits, by all means...wear it.

As noted by mymindisamob....anyones work has the potential of becoming a "limited run" due to demand. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to product such as this. I highly doubt any maker sets out to purposely limit supply in order to hike up cost. Chris Reeves Sebenza comes to mind.

C'mon guys, let's not pollute Tom and Dan's forum with another debate started with jabs at another maker.
What I want is to see more positive attitude when discussing comparisons in blades, their makers and the marketing involved. I know that K9 has two of the most positive makers at the helm, so let's keep with that spirit.

No problem guys.... just agree to disagree.

Sometimes Dan and I don't see eye to eye (might be cause he's a "bit" taller than me...??:D) but we get past it and move on to more important stuff!

We have some exciting ideas in the works and really do appreciate hearing what you guys would like! We ARE listening and paying attention. Just trying to let this thread run on its own so we don't influence it.

PLEASE keep on posting what you would like to see!

We ARE listening!! While we may not be able to do it all we plan on this being a very dynamic company!

THANKS!

Sorry guys, I agree to disagree with Blackwind and move on. What would be cool is having different colored handles and being able to buy them :p

Like I said no problemo!

Are talking about being able to purchase additional handle scales that could be changed out when you wanted??

Tom

What I'd like...
A three inch blade...7" overall. 3/16th thick. drop point.simple sheath. Scales lightly textured...any color not black.
An every day carry with a good blade geometry that wont freak people out but will be able to handle anything from peeling an apple to breaking down large game.
I want good quality control and good warrenty/customer service when something slips thru.
That's what I want ...with a decent price.:D

I gotta give reasons here.
3 inch blade...I can do almost anything with that. Maybe not easily but it can be done. 2 7/8 would get by most knife restrictions.
7" overall...a good size without being so long it's noticable when I sit down. I hate jumping in the truck and getting a handle in the ribs.
3/16th thick...thick enough for strength with out ending up with a mini-chisel.
I want a good slicing geometry and you can't get that with a thick blade.
Drop point...good all around blade profile.
Sheath...I too don't like sending off a knife once I get it.
scales textured...don't want my hand to slip. color...simply prefrence.:)

Like he said!!!!

I'm finding I'm using smaller blades more and more, I'd be fine if it went to 3 1/2".;)

Back