What do you wish buck made ?

Just a little trick photography. The SAK is laying under the 302, under the folded material.:D

Here I used Photoshop to put a skull and crossbones on the image of a 112. I would love to see something like this or anything Pirate themed come out of Buck. Pirates and Trains, two of my favorite things.

Skull-n-Crossbones_zpsgy5hmu9c.jpg

Last edited:
where do i start.....

the 560 again....or 186.....with pocket clips or 110 with a pocket clip and screwed construction.

124 with longer blade...or 120 with a wider blade.

916 with a useable handle size and width and at a production level price option.

xl version of a vantage with 4"+blade length.

buck mayo in xl with a 3.75"+ blade length....

Last edited:
I wish they'd have Joe make a shout out to the Theater Knife.......maybe call it the Red Widow.
And then--how about a 121 Guide in brass with a beautiful walnut handle and Malachite bands and an Idaho stamp on the tang.
Oh........gosh, they already did.
And I got them.
:D

I simply wish Buck would go back to the full flat grind on the 300 series and include the long pull. I also want them to return to a better steel than 420HC, perhaps 440C, BD-1, or something in the 300 series.

I simply wish Buck would go back to the full flat grind on the 300 series and include the long pull. I also want them to return to a better steel than 420HC, perhaps 440C, BD-1, or something in the 300 series.

Returning to the full flat grind would be great and the long pull would be icing on the cake. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A wharncliffe blade everyday knife. Maybe like their Vertex with more traditional handles.

425M steel again.

A USA made trapper model.

I'll go with you on the Trapper. A 334 with full flat grind (not because it cuts better) blades, of 425M steel or the Swedish steel. DM

How about a nice dark brown random jigged bone with clip and warcliff blades on opposite ends, with just ONE spring for a nice narrow profile. In both 301 and 303 sized folders. Maybe add a 307 sized version to make a set.

Long pulls and flat grinds would be great but current production processes would have to be changed for that. I can coast on the steel to keep the other whats.

If production folks say 'no way' on those ideas, then how about a jigged bone cover small Vantage. A gun blue clip would be great also.

If that is no good then how about just a nice thin leather slip, sized for a 55 to 301 folder, on a chrome chain with a metal clip that goes behind the belt. Keeping the knife and leather slip hanging in front pants pockets without sliding down to the bottom. (Along the hem line)

Here is a trick photo I made a long time ago on what I would like to see from Buck. This is the brown bone I am talking about above.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll go with you on another slippy. I'd go for the 317. Make it the same as the original blades, steel and frame. Add a upgrade handle material like micarta, nice wood, antler or horn and I'm pulling out my wallet. With a good leather sheath. DM

Since they introduced the fixed blade version of the 110 this year, the 101, it's got me wondering if Buck would ever create folding knife versions of some of their classic fixed blades. Like a folding 102, 103, 105, and 113. I'd really be interested in something like that. A folding 119 might be overkill but anything's possible.

Then again......you just may have hit upon the 2017 BCCI Club Knife!!!
A folding 119 with giraffe bone slabs!
I'm in!

I would like to see a
4 1/4 to 4 1/2 inch closed 3 blade stockman

3 1/2 to 3 5/8 inch closed two blade Barlow, with a Clip or Spear main and a full size Sheepsfoot secondary.

As for the blade steel, I am not picky. Their 425HC seems to work well. I would like to see Buck bring out some with say 1095 or some other carbon steel as an option, without an exorbitant price premium.

EDIT:
I would also like to see them bring out a 4 blade Scout/Camp knife, with a bail. :)
A Scout maybe 4 7/8 inches or so closed would be cool.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll go with you on another slippy. I'd go for the 317. Make it the same as the original blades, steel and frame. Add a upgrade handle material like micarta, nice wood, antler or horn and I'm pulling out my wallet. With a good leather sheath. DM
Agree, not sure why Buck doesn't reintroduce a classic design such as the folding hunter. There definitely is a market for them just check out Case.

Back