What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

Cajun Reeboks

533778de24d034d8698ecf499114b865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the spirit of giving some of my forgotten/underused knives a bit of a workout .. a Patch in 3/32 O1 with beadblasted black canvas. No nonsense slicer with grippy handle[emoji106]
0237f3b18dc3e359a164fa14f2ba8fa2.jpg

6d73b5e9c157b3db837808a4c99c4a25.jpg

another patch. nice to see these blades getting the deserved attention. good all-around knife

This one just came in the mail. I know that green-colored wood handles aren't terribly popular among FF collectors and users. I wasn't sure of it myself, but like my recently purchased KE Bushie, I decided to take a gamble and clicked "add to cart" because it met the other criteria I was looking for: 3/32" Scanduddy. I'm really glad I took the plunge. The way the layers and fibers of the wood splay out and have taken on the dye very much resemble the details of a curled up leaf on a big, mature maple, where you can see all the veins and shadows. The spalting on this one is also pretty spectacular and has already started to patina, which means it must have been sitting on the shelf for a while? Anyway...

8huYgWdh.jpg

This one just came in the mail. I know that green-colored wood handles aren't terribly popular among FF collectors and users. I wasn't sure of it myself, but like my recently purchased KE Bushie, I decided to take a gamble and clicked "add to cart" because it met the other criteria I was looking for: 3/32" Scanduddy. I'm really glad I took the plunge. The way the layers and fibers of the wood splay out and have taken on the dye very much resemble the details of a curled up leaf on a big, mature maple, where you can see all the veins and shadows. The spalting on this one is also pretty spectacular and has already started to patina, which means it must have been sitting on the shelf for a while? Anyway...

Good looking HB. The spalting typically comes that way from the Forge.

8huYgWdh.jpg

You did Real Good Mike . That Scandi spalting is first class and even though I'm one of those guys that doesn't go for green scales this one is a beauty [emoji106]

So...today I carried the Drop Point Maverick. Andy has previously said it's one of his most underrated profiles. I love the handle and it helps this one is in a beautiful tight grained Osage.

Drop Point Maverick in a beautiful tight -grained, nutty, Osage. Found a sheath that fits in the bits-and-bobs drawer so it'll be getting a lot of carry.
4890a2b321b256218b5bad3a6b3b13bc.jpg

Beautiful DPM Jules [emoji106]

Cheers Abe. This doesn't have the chatoyance of some of the pieces with lighter color and wider rays/rings but it looks and feels like a piece of real hard wood!

I love carrying and using my Patch, which I did all day yesterday. So pretend I posted this yesterday, or I'm carrying it again today or something.

IMG_0342.jpg~original

IMG_0345.jpg~original

The juxtaposition of handle and leather is a favorite sight...

IMG_0351.jpg~original

... especially when glimpsed thus:
IMG_5480.jpg~original

~ P.

I love the way that osage is aging Jules

~P. The way the brown in the Bullseye matches the piece of leather holding the clip in place is pretty nifty. As if it were planned.

61bf27464c2167c15b0f5c0f90c8e8c6.jpg

I'll be rocking my Desert Ironwood Hiking Buddy in Scandi today. After some touch up on the new Flex Strops 'Tyrant Strop' set, this thing is a razor blade!

fc28adbe43938b3784a17441cfc51ebb.jpg

Although, it will look like this most of the day as I get some fresh blades ready to post...
f3a5cd724856811b8be279ac72320a6e.jpg

- Robert

61bf27464c2167c15b0f5c0f90c8e8c6.jpg

I'll be rocking my Desert Ironwood Hiking Buddy in Scandi today. After some touch up on the new Flex Strops 'Tyrant Strop' set, this thing is a razor blade!

fc28adbe43938b3784a17441cfc51ebb.jpg

Although, it will look like this most of the day as I get some fresh blades ready to post...
f3a5cd724856811b8be279ac72320a6e.jpg

- Robert

if it's 3/32", I'll take it.

Back