What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

Cheers Abe. This doesn't have the chatoyance of some of the pieces with lighter color and wider rays/rings but it looks and feels like a piece of real hard wood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know where you're coming from Jules [emoji106]

The juxtaposition of handle and leather is a favorite sight...

IMG_0351.jpg~original
~P. The way the brown in the Bullseye matches the piece of leather holding the clip in place is pretty nifty. As if it were planned.

I agree! Jason has said it's simply due to how different pieces of leather absorb the oil/dye, but I do love the effect. It's perhaps most pronounced on the amber sheath for my Stubby Muk; its combination of a slightly lighter body plus the dark clip leather is my favorite look (far right):

IMG_5407.jpg~original

The Sylvrfalcen sheath (middle, above) is slightly more uniform/orangey than I prefer, so I oiled its clip leather and will likely darken it more permanently:

IMG_0320%201.jpg~original

'Tho I may wait to see how it looks after some more carry time, and/or against, say, somethin' Blue before doing anything more. ;)

:)

~ P.

thats very nice Nathan

love the little SAK w/ the TEC clip:thumbup:

Thanks Phillip. The cadet is with me pretty much every day and the clip makes it so easy to carry, I hate having a knife lay flat in my pocket. I feel it compliments a Fiddleback or Surls nicely.

pertinux said:
I love this knife. What model is it?

It's a Sgian Dubh, my latest in, a (very fortuitous) choice informed by Odaon's direct comparison with a Pocket Kephart:

... I wanted to jump back to the 'smaller' knives to touch on the Sgian before moving on to some of the next models.

kT3FaSol.jpg

It's very similar to the PK in shape and size, but between the two I find the SD more comfortable. It seems to sit in my hand more naturally than the PK and it's more comfortable in a variety of different grips. I still don't think it's quite what I'm looking for, but I think I would probably buy a Sgian Dubh before a PK based on how they feel in my hands. There's another PK, among other things, on the way according to Jerry so I'll get to compare with a second PK to make my final decision.

0txPpTRl.jpg

hQLdKdil.jpg

With a Patch and Esquire, for relative scale:

IMG_5557.jpg~original

I am fascinated by its asymmetry and bevels.

IMG_5686.jpg~original

IMG_5720.jpg~original

A fantastic small knife. :thumbsup:

IMG_5703.jpg~original

(Teh Internets tell me that Sgian Dubh is pronounced "Skeen-doo" or "skee-an-doo." 1) I now want to hear the Georgia boys pronounce the pattern name; 2) I call mine a Ski-doo. :D)

~ P.

I tried gobbling up that awesome OS Karda yesterday. No dice. But it wasn't a complete loss, b/c the postman paid me a visit...

Ya know, I'm really liking my postman lately.

XnF7qdoh.jpg

Back