What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

SZpmofDh.jpg

Dang Jarrett! That is a great duo to choose from. As gorgeous as your Mamushi is, it is the Ban Tang really speaks to me. The shape and proportions of the handle look like a perfect match for the guardless blade. If you ever get tired of "rotating" that one in your line-up. please let me know.

Phil

Got these two on rotation right now...

tzxph0S.jpg

Todays carry. The sight I bought it from said that the wood was cocobolo. I am not sure though. Kind of thinking it might be iron wood? What do you all think? I had to glue the strip of leather on the bottom of the sheath because one of my other hiking buddy's poked right through the bottom of the sheath! Sharp little bugger.

zouppGj.jpg

Easy way to tell... cocobolo smells sweet... ironwood smells nasty or not at all ;)

Also, cocobolo tends to be more porous than ironwood. Ironwood will be really smooth. Cocobolo sometimes has little nicks and notches dispersed throughout.

Todays carry. The sight I bought it from said that the wood was cocobolo. I am not sure though. Kind of thinking it might be iron wood? What do you all think? I had to glue the strip of leather on the bottom of the sheath because one of my other hiking buddy's poked right through the bottom of the sheath! Sharp little bugger.

zouppGj.jpg

It's hard to tell from just one picture...? While I can see what you mean by ironwood, I can also see the redder tones and some of the grain structure I associate with cocobolo.

No matter what, that's a beautiful knife!

~ P.

Back