What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

My little Saturday project

dAh8lI7.jpg

4IvW6mK.jpg

Allen Putman makes some really nice scales
uJqgDdE.jpg

Right hand clip side is the stepped side of the pivot. Very crucial when you go to adjust pivot tension, as the stepped side is different on different models.
Xhxj8Ld.jpg

All assembled with perfect fit and finish!
wylcpYK.jpg

5K0m8xx.jpg

w7TYW2o.jpg

My little Saturday project

dAh8lI7.jpg

4IvW6mK.jpg

Allen Putman makes some really nice scales
uJqgDdE.jpg

Right hand clip side is the stepped side of the pivot. Very crucial when you go to adjust pivot tension, as the stepped side is different on different models.
Xhxj8Ld.jpg

All assembled with perfect fit and finish!
wylcpYK.jpg

5K0m8xx.jpg

w7TYW2o.jpg
👍 You won't lose that Knife.

Looking good 91.

I like it, I was curious as to the fit and finish of his scales. I am glad you included some interior pics.

Thanks and congrats.

ZT 0560 in my pocket today. Reacquired this a couple months ago. Can't for the life of me understand why I got rid of it the first time around.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My current folder is pretty craptastic compared to most, but given my history of losing pocket knives I don't chance owning an expensive folder.

Large Cold Steel Voyager.
It's okay but the only thing I'm not fond of is the serations.

Last edited:
You can always take it to a grinder :D I've removed serations on two of my older folders for practice. Turned one of them into a recurve.

Old picture... but today its this combo with a BK13 still in my pocket.

IMG_20161002_095147237_zpsmsx69ilu.jpg

I need to get a native. So many options for them now. I'm leaning towards lightweight s110v, but I really like g10. Or maybe just get the lightweight s35v.

My current folder is pretty craptastic compared to most, but given my history of losing pocket knives I don't chance owning an expensive folder.

Large Cold Steel Voyager.
It's okay but the only thing I'm not fond of is the serations.

I think you could do a lot worse than Cold Steel, though I agree the serrations are awful. Around 15 years ago, I bought my first Cold Steel knife, the "Vaquero", fully serrated with a curvy blade. I quickly discovered it wasn't good for much more than cutting seatbelts.... So I replaced it with one of the earlier versions of the Cold Steel Recon when they still used Benchmade's Axis locks. That was a fantastic knife and I used and abused the hell out of that thing, it never failed me. Awhile back, I disassembled it to see if I could breathe some new life into it. One of these days I will need to try and put her back together, was hoping to find or make some new scales for her.

Here are my carries for the day. Can't just have one knife...

YBNqHQN.jpg

54b5c93908cb028ea56d901ed80ec2c1.jpg
Buck 112 in 5160 Oak, I liked the one NikkiR had, so I got one too! Mine doesn't have the nice patina her's does though....yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back