What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

DSC05001_zpshbmxisbc.jpg

54b5c93908cb028ea56d901ed80ec2c1.jpg
Buck 112 in 5160 Oak, I liked the one NikkiR had, so I got one too! Mine doesn't have the nice patina her's does though....yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig that one too! I just can't get in to carrying a spine lock and it's so heavy. Aside from not wanting to carry it I still want one. Haha

NixKustoms, I hear ya, at least it's a little easier to carry than a 110. Truth be told, I carry a no 7 or 9 Opinel more than anything, but the Bucks have a certain flair don't they!

Not my photo, but I just got this one in the mail. Schrade Old Timer carving knife:

24OT_large.jpg

You'll be able to carve a million faces into wood with that thing!

Hopefully. I ordered a FLexcut Slip Strop to go with it. Polish those edges. Great price on this. A little over $20 shipped.

Thursday, it was this:

32952876543_8ced468b81_b.jpg

SO much easier to EDC folders...tho I always have a small fixed blade (usually my Mariner, made by our very own daizee (Gold Knifeworks -AUK) and designed by Derek) on my belt. One thing to be showing a pocket clip, another to have a BK15 hanging off your belt.

Today, I'm carrying purple: Brous Blades Sniper and a Kershaw Launch 1 auto...

32792757195_86a19dc066_b.jpg

30471155882_78eae7feab_b.jpg

Nice Spider Monkey, 2xE! Keep lookin' at 'em, but....then I get distracted by something else. This, for instance \/

Today, post spring snowstorm:

33638205392_5b6365ed8b_b.jpg

hey Mike, is that s35v a Spartan folder? That Brous is bigger than I thought.
Today (and maybe for the rest of the week, forcing myself to carry the same knife for more than a day :D) is a Kizer Vanguard Intrepid, the G10 version in green OD. No pics yet.

hey Mike, is that s35v a Spartan folder? That Brous is bigger than I thought.
Today (and maybe for the rest of the week, forcing myself to carry the same knife for more than a day :D) is a Kizer Vanguard Intrepid, the G10 version in green OD. No pics yet.

Yes, it is an Akribis - forgot to mention that. The Brous photo might be a bit deceptive....it's longish, but really slim - and Jason couldn't have squeezed any more blade length into the handle. Poked myself once carrying it in my left pocket (it's set up for righty) because the tip sits so close to the end of the handle. I'm a lot more careful retrieving it now, as it has no real place to put a lanyard. Really well designed and executed, with unique good looks, IMO.

Good onya for only carrying one. I have to factor in extra time every morning deciding what I'll be putting in my pocket for the day....gotta thin out the collection a bit, maybe...

Nice Spider Monkey, 2xE! Keep lookin' at 'em, but....then I get distracted by something else. This, for instance \/

Today, post spring snowstorm:

33638205392_5b6365ed8b_b.jpg

Thanks. The Spider Monkey is the sharpest I've ever received out of the box and it's quickly becoming my favorite folder....as much as I have a favorite. I like it so much I will probably eventually pick up the carbon fiber version.

That's a good lookin' Pro-Tech....awesome inlay!

Last edited:
For the first time in a LONG time I'm actually carrying a folder. Got my Spyderco Police, model 1 in SS in my pocket.

Back