• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

What happened to Koster sub-forum?

Daniel Koster have not delivered my knife, it's been 4 years. Did his subforum get archived as punishment?

I would assume he contacted the higher ups here and asked it to be archived, probably didn't have the time to maintain a presence here or didn't want to, that's what happened to most archived subforums.

Maybe he asked for it to be closed because he needs the time to finish our knives? :rolleyes:

There are some people that know him well, they might be able to find out more details. This thread belongs in the Feedback section. It will get more traction there.

If nothing else this thread will hopefully make it abundantly clear that his communication is abysmal, his estimations are way off and his willingness to issue refunds is non-existent.

I ordered his bushcraft model in March of 2014, with an $85 deposit. Waited until July 2016 before asking for a refund as it had far surpassed the original time frame and I had grown tired of waiting. Heard nothing back. Sent three emails since then without hearing anything back. At this point when or if I get the knife I don't think I want it anymore after all the wait and nonsense.

Would not by any means deal with Daniel Koster again.

If you did a search for his knives, you would inevitably end up here and realize what a bad idea it would be to even give him a second thought. That hurts his ability to draw in new suckers..... hence his crowd funding.

If you did a search for his knives, you would inevitably end up here and realize what a bad idea it would be to even give him a second thought. That hurts his ability to draw in new suckers..... hence his crowd funding.

You're absolutely right, I should have. I was pretty new to the site and semi-custom knives, they looked like nice knives that people were happy with for a decent price. I think they were even occasionally available at some site...DLT maybe? So with all this he seemed legit, I stopped my research and proceeded. Should've done more but didn't which is why I don't blame anyone but myself and obviously Daniel Koster.

If nothing else I'm hoping this thread gets the info out to more people that were in the same boat I was a few years back.

That sucks Trev. I just cannot get this type of behavior to make any kind of sense in my mind.
How the hell can you just ignore someone that sent you money. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink.
Stuff happens to all of us, the way you handle that stuff is a direct reflection of the type of man you are.
How hard is it to let a customer know what's going on??
Baffles me.
Glad you only got hit for $85 Trev. Sucks, but could've been much worse brother.
Joe

I like his bush craft folder concept and execution but it always felt like a borderline scam and I waited to get on the list and missed every time. I guess I should be grateful. I'll wait for the TOPS Bushcraft Folder. It's only been 18 months since they announced it and they didn't ask for money up front. :)

Crap my only way of getting his promised refund was through posting on that forum. He promised a refund two months ago after waiting three years for a knife. I have $185 on the knife though so a bit more to lose. I noticed the only way to get Dan to respond to refund request from other disgruntled members was posting publicly. I guess if he ever makes the knife and then offers to sell it to me I can flip it and probably make some of my money back.

At this point a letter from my attorney would cost way more than $185. The only thing that would work is a class action lawsuit from all members who have been ripped off.

I Just found his very active facebook page. Looks like posting reviews there would get the desired attention. If you look at his SEO he is trying to drop bladeforums posts to decrease the bad press. Moving comments over there would get his attention as it does appear he is highly motivated by bad press.

Whenever I wanted to give him money he responded in a day, refund request a response after two months and this is after over four years of waiting for the knife.

Daniel Koster have not delivered my knife, it's been 4 years. Did his subforum get archived as punishment?

I ordered my knife over 4 years ago. No response to emails over the years and only recently when I asked for a refund did Mr. Koster reply that he didn't give refunds, I just have to wait, try to sell my spot or just walk away. What a jerk. I still have all the emails from 4 years ago when he estimated delivery in 6 to 12 months. There a list out there of all the orders he took years ago (over 800 according to him) and he claims he's still working on the list yet I don't think anything has been delivered for over a year. Meantime he is still taking large orders from dealers and even did a Kickstarter project and committed to another batch of knives (none of which have been delivered yet). I understand that things happen and delivery dates get pushed back but this guy has taken thousands of dollars from customers and instead of delivering their knives he's off signing up more suckers on Kickstarter.

About a month shy of 4 years since I made a deposit with barely a peep from him.

Back