What In Your Opinion is "The " Best Schrade or Uncle Henry Fixed Blade

That's a hard one for me but I always liked the looks of the Golden Spike and the practicality for the Deerslayer as a hunting knife.

I like the looks of both, but found them less than ideal for my hunting/fishing/camping use. I prefer the 165OT Woodsman or, alternately, the 165UH Prospector. Same knife but with the UH faux stag handles. Both are full exposed tang and I have never broken one.

I can't really say which one is the best as this is the only one I have. Ive been well pleased with it, not real crazy about the handle material but nice otherwise.

DSC_0572_zpsaeyfekg5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The 160OT Mountain Lion is the Old Timer version of that one. Blade shape is the same but with the sawcut Delrin handle and a flat grind.

I like the looks of both, but found them less than ideal for my hunting/fishing/camping use. I prefer the 165OT Woodsman or, alternately, the 165UH Prospector. Same knife but with the UH faux stag handles. Both are full exposed tang and I have never broken one.
:):thumbup:

I am still waiting for that #9, Michael! :D

If I could only have and keep one Schrade knife it would be my 1973 Schrade Walden 171UH.

The only one Ive ever owned is also the only one that really appealed to me. The sharp finger. I love that knife.

for versatility i would have to go with the 165OT, for doing hard work and clearing out it would the be 171UH be it Schrade Walden or Schrade. it is what i use when working round the house on vines and brush.

I like the 165ot for camping and heavier use but for all round versatility, I'll take a Sharpfinger every time.

There's two that are tied as my favorites...both are fixed blades. The 152OT Sharpfinger and 15OT Deerslayer. Blade and handle on both just feel perfect.

Easy choice. The 41-OT has the most comfortable handle. But I'm not a fan of clip points.
So my vote must go to the 13-OT, a classic drop point pattern.
Second choice, the 156-OT. An odd little knife but well designed for function.

Expanding the search to include all Schrade knives, I'm a big fan of the Pro Hunter and PH2.

Before I ever started collecting any kind of knives I had a 154OT which seemed functional enough. When I began to collect knives I chose Schrade, as they seemed to appeal the most aesthetically. Subsequently I made the 165 pattern the center of my Schrade fixed blade collection, and if I had to rely on only one fixed blade and it must be a Schrade, it would be one of those. I also like the 160OT and the 13OT. Before the 165, a similar knife parented that pattern, first as the 147 and then the 497. All great good-looking and functional knives. In the real world, when I actually use a fixed blade knife, it so far has usually been something else. In the kitchen, I have really liked the Shur Grip Schrade fillet knives. The other fixed blades which I actually use have not been Schrades. As collectibles, I like very much a good many Schrade fixed blade knives, not mentioned. I don't really like to call attention to patterns I seek out, for what must be obvious reasons. :D

Back