What Is Your Favorite Syderco and Why?

Depends on the day... today it is the Sage 2. The Millie, PM2, Stretch, Caly 3, and Manix LW also features strongly.

_20170112_173527_zps0dzkkx1r.jpg

Great thread!
The best SPYDERCO for me is Farid K2.
It is one of the largest Spyderco's knives, but it is very good for EDC tasks. Good companion in kitchen and every day carry. I like big blades and it is very lightweight for its size and carries very thin in front pocket. It is as good that I bought mini custom version!
Also fantastic steel and very thin blade.
Second one favorite is Military model for me. Especially S110V model!

Would someone with more experience/knowledge tell me how to get my picture to show up instead of it just showing "attachment 681489"? I have some knives that I'm going to sell soon and it would be nice if I had a clue as to what I'm doing.

Would someone with more experience/knowledge tell me how to get my picture to show up instead of it just showing "attachment 681489"? I have some knives that I'm going to sell soon and it would be nice if I had a clue as to what I'm doing.

I prefer to upload the photo(s) to a free online photo sharing site like imgur.com. You can get the file link once it's uploaded and sandwich it between the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags (remove the spaces).

Refer to this thread for options and instructions: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...simple-caveman-I-know-not-of-your-modern-ways

IMG_0943_zpslcn4i19f.jpg

That's a tough decision. I love my PM 2's quite a bit. However, my Kahr Arms Delica is my most treasured tool. I find myself in blade restricted areas quite a bit lately. There have been many attempts at finding the perfect legal carry pocket knife. The shortened Delica has remained with me the longest. It's tough, slicey, and never raises an eyebrow in the areas that I find myself. But mostly, I think it's the full length handle. Most short bladed knives have handles that are too small for me. This model retains the full function of a great knife just with a shorter blade. The tip is also stronger on this model than the ffg one. This sprint run is perfect for my needs.

In order (folding spydercos only)
1. Sage 1 (modified), just wish it had a HSS blade.
2. Cat (modified), just wish it had a HSS blade.
2. Dragonfly hap40 (always backup for the above).
3. Native 5 LW spyderedge, stays in my lunchbox and sleeps on me when wearing pajamas.
3. Military 52100, special purpose and the only folder over 3.5" I bother with.
4. Paramilitary 2 m4, special purpose and the only ~3.5" folder I bother with.
5. Gayle Bradley Air, but needs a pouch due to almost no blade retention.
6. through 25. either already given away, or will be unless modified to my liking (mostly blades too long).

This order will likely change with a native maxamet.
Wish - Lil' Lum with HSS blade.

Sage 2. Prior to last summer, it was a Delica 4 stainless I convexed the saber and hollow ground blade on, but it slipped out of my pocket on a beach and is gone. Had that knife for four years, and missed it. Meant to get another, but didn't want to have to reprofile it, and found a great deal on the Sage. Lighter, FFG, great steel, love the clip and ergos, titanium is smooth against the skin when clipped to boxers or sleeping pants, doesn't scare most people, big enough to do just about anything. Such a great knife, I'm ridiculously infatuated with it.

Second fave surprised me: I really like my dragonfly. Thought it would be too small, but it is so small and useful, and light, it has snuck its way into my pocket more often than not for the past six months or so.

My favorite is my new Para 3. It suits my daily carry so much better than my PM2. It fits better in the pocket and my hand. It also offers the same slicing ability. Followed by the Para 3, the others are my Techno and Southard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When i got my first spyderco it was purchased out of curiosity. I bought a endura4. I fell in love. The spyder hole was better than I expected. My next was a military. Almost perfection in every way. But then I got a manix and i think this might be my favorite one of all. Eventually i need to check out a manix xl but for now I think its the Manix 2 dlc g10.

IMG_2342_zps1xabbzsv.jpeg

hoimin - think I've got it now, thanks for your help. Anyway, this is my favorite Spyderco.........

Last edited:
My number one choice is the Sage 5 with second place being the Sage 1 and the Para 3 comes in at third place. The Sage 5 pushes out the Sage 1 due to the compression lock. I really like the compression lock, it's easier to manipulate one handed for me compared to the liner lock. The Sages push out the Para 3 because the Sages feel more comfortable in my hand.

Last edited:
I just picked up my first Spyderco (PM2) and have been bitten hard...to the point where I am selling a couple recently bought ZTs to fund a couple more Spydies! I've also just ordered custom scales from CuScaDi in Germany to "dress her up"! I pretty much like everything about the Paramilitary 2 but most like just flicking it open...again and again and again...

It's the digicam model with satin blade btw.

hoimin - think I've got it now, thanks for your help. Anyway, this is my favorite Spyderco.........

Beauty.

This is mine: Gayle Bradley 2
FNlqyx8.jpg

Loves:
  • Blade:Handle ratio
  • CPM-M4 edge durability/retention with a thin hollow grind
  • Closed width, relative to normal Spydercos of this size
  • Cost:Quality - PM2 level value; Taichung F/F;
  • Grip agnostic handle

Gripes:
  • Bigger than I'd normally want to carry, but I still do it anyway because of the above

Last edited:
greetings all,
gotta go with my para2. my military would be breathing down it's neck for a close second. the truth is, 99 percent of any my cutting can be done with the pm2. travels nice, feels great and just works great for me. anything that requires more for me probably calls for an axe. best regards to all.
mike

Back