What Is Your Favorite Syderco and Why?

Techno and I bought the used inferior to some S30v version.

When I first opened it it was smaller than I thought it would be but it such a solid feeling knife. First time a have held titanium or a frame lock knife. It's flicks wonderfully has a very pleasant thwack sound when opening and the finish on scales/blade is great. The machined beveled edges are also great.

I held a carbon fiber small inkosi since then and while it's an awesome knife when I see I paid 120 for the spyderco vs 400 I don't see where the value is. Maybe one day.

Runner ups. Gb1 and caly 3 super blue.

So far, my favorite is the Sage 2. I favor metal handles so I think that has a lot to do with it but it's also just a nice knife.

I have a native 5 S110V showing up later today so I'll see if it gets knocked from the top but I seem to favor knives with a lock not located on the back of the handle lately. I will probably carry them together though, one for looking good and lighter tasks and I'm not afraid to get really dirty.

Sage 2 also works nicely around the office. It looks and feels like a capable knife but it doesn't look "murdery," as Nick Shabazz would say.

Slysz Bowie!!! It's a crazy cutter and the perfect size. It is built incredibly well. Seriously incredible. It's my most well built knife, it's flawless. I've taken it down many times and every time it goes back together perfectly. Absolutely rock solid when locked, and I crank on my knives to test for play. All the while free swinging smooth if I press the lockbar back. Great ergos and a very simple and classic design that just works.

egea6g.jpg

I will second this. I just received mine and couldn't be happier. Bought it in the classifieds section for $210. Easily the best value knife I have purchased. Even if I spent the full retail price I would be extremely happy. One hell of a knife for the money!

For me it has to be two models because I always carry them together. Manix II XL & the GBII. I enlarged the thumb choil a little to make it easier to open and close. You can also flick it now. Small mod huge results.

Military, Stretch, Para2, Pac Salt, Delica. Can't pick one.

Like a lot of others though. GB1 is excellent!

I agree Riz! The Military is good in the pocket & in the hand. Some folder designs compromise one for the other. What's nice about the Millie is it's long enough in the pocket that I don't have other items wedging underneath the knife that I have to dig for - everything else in my pocket stays to the left of the knife & the tip down puts the curved handle spine right up against the curved pocket liner.

I carry the Military & the Stretch the most.

Last edited:
My favourite is my PM2.
I have a s110v and an all black s30v.
I like the fact that wathever is the grip you choose it works with it
The choil and the long handle contribute a lot to that

Some may criticise the handle / cutting edge ratio but for me it is exactly what makes it a great knife.

I also appreciate the price and options (colors/steels) of the PM2 series.
You can really hard use it as much as you want without crying for an for $200+ jewellry ;)

My Delica 4 FFG is a close second
Actually since I work in an office I carry it more than my PM2
It is a great cutter, it is lightweight and more sheeple friendly than the PM2
It comes with many options as well
The VG10 Zome looks terrific ;)
It doesn't haste the same versatility as the PM2 when it comes to grip positions but for the price it is an incredible EDC knife

Reading through this thread I think I will give the SLysz designs a try sooner or later ;)
They look great.
My only concern it their price.
I use my knives and going over $150 for a user is always a decision to balance ;)

Delica FFG ZDP-89

- Style
- Performance
- Blade steel(edge retention)
- Backlock
- Slicing capabilities

Overall just a very very good EDC.

So far, my favorite is the Sage 2. I favor metal handles so I think that has a lot to do with it but it's also just a nice knife.

I have a native 5 S110V showing up later today so I'll see if it gets knocked from the top but I seem to favor knives with a lock not located on the back of the handle lately. I will probably carry them together though, one for looking good and lighter tasks and I'm not afraid to get really dirty.

Sage 2 also works nicely around the office. It looks and feels like a capable knife but it doesn't look "murdery," as Nick Shabazz would say.
If you favor metal handles, you need to get Ti Fluted Native5. The knife is the killer. Just be careful with e-bay. There are tons of fakes, which looks like Ti Fluted N5

If you favor metal handles, you need to get Ti Fluted Native5. The knife is the killer. Just be careful with e-bay. There are tons of fakes, which looks like Ti Fluted N5

That's one I've been looking for but haven't had much luck finding one I can afford. Since posting that I've found I prefer the native 5 over the sage series and have a native 5 with micarta scales that is EDC'ed in my work vest. I also really like the chap as it feels like a native 5 in hand but scaled down to gentleman's carry and looks a lot nicer (given it's dressed in carbon fiber garb). The native in fluted ti and chap in stepped ti are on my dream list.

My absolute favorite knife thus far has to be my KC exclusive Manix 2 in CruWear and carbon fiber. In my opinion it's a perfect blend of aesthetics and function.

An under $200 knife sporting a CPM CruWear blade packed into the ultra ergonomic Manix 2 platform? How can you get any better than that? Well you throw on a pair of stunning carbon fiber scales(that won't rip up your jeans!) and you have my idea of perfection. I just wish I had two of them, haha.

The 3 slysz designed knives are my favorites. The chef, the bowie, and the techno. Can't wait for more from him and spyderco. The pictures of the slysz swayback are insanely sexy. I've also heard there's a techno 2 in the pipe. Anyone know what that knifes gonna be like / look like?

For me it's the GB1 no contest. Cutting machine, great f&f, and I prefer the non exposed liner lock. Complete workhorse and looks good doing it.
IMG_4594_zpsh70qhftt.jpg
Can't seem to get it out my pocket lately
qlzcZeW.jpg
After I posted this, I bought a GB2. They're running neck and neck right now.

IMG_1473.JPG Has to be my gayle Bradley 2 fit and finish is great it's built like a tank. Has since I've owned it handled anything I've thrown at it. Edge retention is awesome touch ups are easy on the sharp maker. Carries great in the pocket just a all around great knife. I got rid of 5 spydercos because it was the one that bumped them all.

My favorite is Manbug. I always have one with me in different steels - zdp189, hap40 & superblue then plus a larger folder or a sak

My favourite is my PM2.
I have a s110v and an all black s30v.
I like the fact that wathever is the grip you choose it works with it
The choil and the long handle contribute a lot to that

Some may criticise the handle / cutting edge ratio but for me it is exactly what makes it a great knife.

I also appreciate the price and options (colors/steels) of the PM2 series.
You can really hard use it as much as you want without crying for an for $200+ jewellry ;)

This. The large handle is what makes me love the PM2 design. I only need a 3-3.5" blade, so the PM2 is great. I also like the Para 3 and Sage 5, although those two could use a little bit more handle.

Para 2 is my favorite Spydie ever. I know I'm preaching to the choir but it is the best. I have a ton of awesome Spyderco designs and the Para 2 is perfect. Is it the best seller? It's gotta be in its price range. Does it have contrarian haters? Yep, just enough to cement it at the top of the heap. ;)

Back