What kind of folder do you carry?

I am sure there are a lot of people out there that are looking forward to the CPK folder.

While I think most of us are here because of a common interest in Nathan & Jo's work, and Lorien's designs of course, I think some of us might be wildly divergent on what kind of folders we carry.

So what do you EDC? Pics always help!

This may prove useful to Nathan & Lorien in that they might be able to get a feel for what is popular among us, but I suspect they already have something in mind.

I am currently carrying a Kizer Ophid. S35VN blade, g10 scales and paid somewhere around $100 for it. I like the blade shape as it is wonderful for stripping wire and cutting through boxes. I honestly believe they are some of the most under rated, semi unknown knives out there. The only reason I say semi unknown is that I never heard of them til I joined BF.

I have two folders that get carried. One is a Wm Henry T12-CF.1.6 oz, carbon fibre slabs, will try and find a pic.

The other is a Bingalor, made by Bing Bingenheimer, Koa slabs, zirconium bolsters and clip, design by Lorien. Pics attached.

large.jpg

large.jpg

AA400783-A91D-43B5-8D6A-9065F35DFFD7_zpss1nthjff.jpg

Today........these two. The Benchmade gets beat on a lot. The Beer Scout.........well, because I needed a beer :D

I am surprised how many Spyderco are showing up.

I have a PM2 sprint run in CTS-20CP with a Lynch northwest clip, but it never sees pocket time.

I currently carry a Spyderco Techno I picked up in trade for some handle work, and have come to decide that I both really like it, and want something a little different. It is one stout little knife, but a bit stubby. Next up on my must-have list is a ZT, or if I can swing it, a Hinderer.

Depends on the occasion but here are my main two.

t0BL5mz.jpg

CRK Mnandi
Spyderco Sage 5

(Edited: Uploaded images to external website)

Last edited:
I have a PM2 sprint run in CTS-20CP with a Lynch northwest clip, but it never sees pocket time.
Change the scales - you may be surprised at the transformation.

My ZT0550 (gen1) has reclaimed my pocket since it was revitalized with a copper scale; but I often carry a bocote scaled S110v PM2 in my jacket pocket. (If the PM2 ends up in my pants pocket, the ZT0200kw is in the jacket).
I generally carry a traditional in my left font pocket - usually a GEC 77 or 92; but, once in a while, I slip a 15, 55, or 47 in there.

I've shared some of the spydercos that I enjoy in the "what other knives do you like" thread. They are undoubtedly great tools.

vpBiYHM.jpg

I also very much appreciate a nice traditional knife. I'm very fond of the GEC 77 (single blade) pattern.

YmjgHtc.jpg

However, in context of what I would love to see in a CPK folder, is not a spyderco. What I really hope to see is an American made version of a Shirogorov.

Below is my 95R. It's a beautiful, purposeful, lightweight knife for its size. It's a great piece of engineering.

XzFF7iq.jpg

Last edited:
I switch my carry rotation between 2 of these at all times but the Silent Soldier hasn't left my pocket since I got it a few months ago. I also have a partially serrated Manix 2 that goes to work with me everyday and is my "beater" knife.

Yd9y0Kf.jpg

Always curious about that dendritic cobalt but never given it a try. I am not surprised to see something unusual from you. :)

Ha! Ive carried it for over 10 years and it's awesome. Tom did a full-height flat-grind to .008" on the edge before sharpening and it cuts like a laser.

Zytel handle, 304 stainless pins, spring/lock, and clip....no magnetic signature and totally rust-proof, not rust-resistant.

1fb99412fbfd89ab05404f82f2e5a8ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back