What knife shows are best to sell at?

PaulDiStefano

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
hey everyone, I don't know if this is the right section for this question but I couldn't find one where this belongs.
I would like to start going to knife shows to show and sell my work. I believe I got into the 2018 bladeshow and want to try to get into the New York show in 2018 as well since I'm from New York. What other shows are a good place to start. I make forged fixed blades and am a member of the abs. I was thinking 3 maybe 4 shows a year is good? What shows do you think forged blades would fit in best?
If it's possible the shows in or around New York City would be best but I don't know of any.
Thanks

Blade Show is a great show for putting your knives out their for many to see.
There's other shows that more focus on specific types/style of knives.
Some more forged knives, some tactical knives and some higher end folders.

I make all forged knives. Some bowies/fighters and lots of Japanese influences tanto and kwaiken type pieces. Any idea what shows are good for forged blades. So far I see mostly folders everywhere. I don't wanna be one of the only forged blade tables at a folding knife show and have no one interested. Thabks

Blade show has a complete and very large section of the floor devoted strictly to ABS and forged blades. The ICCE show in Kansas City also will be heavy in ABS offerings, and not necessarily by design, but the Little Rock show is always very well attended by ABS makers, and there may be others that someone else can recommend. There is generally a good attendance of collectors and other buyers at the shows I mentioned. At any rate, for a new and upcoming maker, even a small show is far better than no show.

Paul

Blade show has a complete and very large section of the floor devoted strictly to ABS and forged blades. The ICCE show in Kansas City also will be heavy in ABS offerings, and not necessarily by design, but the Little Rock show is always very well attended by ABS makers, and there may be others that someone else can recommend. There is generally a good attendance of collectors and other buyers at the shows I mentioned. At any rate, for a new and upcoming maker, even a small show is far better than no show.

Paul

Well then the ICCE and Little Rock shows are definitely something I'll have to look into then. Thanks for the recommendations Paul.

There are knife shows in Mass, NYC, Maryland and PA. You could look at the list of exhibitors to see what kinds of makers go to a show. You can also call and ask some of them what types of buyers come and if they would like your style.

There are knife shows in Mass, NYC, Maryland and PA. You could look at the list of exhibitors to see what kinds of makers go to a show. You can also call and ask some of them what types of buyers come and if they would like your style.
Do you happen to know the names of the ones in NYC?

Back