What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

After getting to fondle a 6" UF again it makes me want a a beefier version. I love the 8" Shiv but it's pretty long for me to EDC comfortably.
I would LOVE a 6" Shiv in .235" 3V like the 8" with that nice, big fuller!!

Last edited:
Behemoth Chopper 11-12" blade weighting about 20oz.
Machete/sword/chopper 18-20" blade weighting about 26-30oz and 26-28" OAL.
Shiv 2.0

I keep coming back to the CPK-Skinner as I'm thinking more utilitarian than just pure cool factor. I hope that Nathan gets super badgered at this Blade Show for a skinner....

I did my part. I would love to see a knife that is everyone's go to knife when it comes time to butcher and skin a deer, hog, lamb or steer, or other animal. Use the FK in the field, and then when back at camp or the butcher shop, grab the Skinner / meat knife. In D2 would be my choice or 4v. This could also double as the mans primary kitchen blade for sandwich prep, food prep, and just manly steak cutting when grilling.

My cheap 4.5 " Green River skinner is a classic example of a centuries old pattern that still is effective. Put a Lorien / Nathan handle, and some fine steel, with great geometry, and viola! The average mans dream knife for meat processing and skinning.

We all want use our knives, and the kitchen is where that happens daily. So my personal skinner / meat / steak / sandwich knife is always in the block, and I love to show it to friends and family.

I would love a CPK in this style.

Very well said Brian :thumbsup:

There are a very lucky few among our CPK brethren who already own one of Nathan's skinners in D2 with some superb handles but there are no where near enough of them around to satiate the appetite for a new line of CPK skinners.

With more experience under Nathan's belt vis a vis Nathan's experimentation with and his optimization of more steel types, Mark's addition to the Nathan/Jo team, newly acquired machine and ostensibly the expansion of their facilities and last but not least Lorien's ever ready mind set ( :) ) I'm very much hoping that the CPK-Skinner frog leaps a few other projects on the current project board, for the reasons which you had perfectly articulated above.

That's very nice. Love to try one. We butcher a lot of animals.

For my skinning work in the shop I would prefer the tip be higher in relation to the handle center line. And more of a trailing point with more blade height towards the tip.

:thumbsup: That's nice one Justin! Is that desert Ironwood?

Cocobolo, on a liner of black G10.

That's very nice. Love to try one. We butcher a lot of animals.

For my skinning work in the shop I would prefer the tip be higher in relation to the handle center line. And more of a trailing point with more blade height towards the tip.

This one is done the way Nathan skins a deer. I know there are geographical styles and wouldn't expect anything but specific tool preferences based on that. It's smaller than you might expect.

I mention this as I wouldn't expect, or really want Nathan to make a knife he wouldn't use. I think the performance aspect would be lost in that disconnect.

I want a 4" EDC in D3v or V4E. Satin finish on the primary grind. Flint striker incorporated into the handle somehow.

Back