What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

I like this design Lorien!

Seems like it'll fill the gap between the FK and EDC very well (if I'm interpreting the size correctly)!

I like the blade profile if it's thinner than the current FK.

Not sure about the finder groves on that handle though.

What is the intended use for this one?

Is that the new 4 inch knife you are working on (Designing) Lorien?

yup. I wanted something near in weight and carryability to the edc with a longer blade, (similar stock thickness, maybe even a touch thinner). Intended use is similar in scope to the edc with an extra personal protection dimension worked in

typically, after plenty of back and forth, I send Nathan drawings and a model made from aluminum and modeling clay, but that leaves him with lots of blanks to fill in. My intention is to get better at this each time CPK produces something new based on one of my patterns

I intend to get my workshop up and running over the next year or two so that I can more efficiently produce working prototypes that I can test before submitting. That's the idea with this pattern. I have a few other knives I've been working on over the past few years that I'll consider sending in as well. One of them is a big nessmuk type thing, another is a revised field knife

Justin, I'm not sure what 'finder groves' are?

yup. I wanted something near in weight and carryability to the edc with a longer blade, (similar stock thickness, maybe even a touch thinner). Intended use is similar in scope to the edc with an extra personal protection dimension worked in

typically, after plenty of back and forth, I send Nathan drawings and a model made from aluminum and modeling clay, but that leaves him with lots of blanks to fill in. My intention is to get better at this each time CPK produces something new based on one of my patterns

I intend to get my workshop up and running over the next year or two so that I can more efficiently produce working prototypes that I can test before submitting. That's the idea with this pattern. I have a few other knives I've been working on over the past few years that I'll consider sending in as well. One of them is a big nessmuk type thing, another is a revised field knife

Sounds very intriguing indeed, I too also would prefer a 4 inch blade, can't wait to see the final version! D3V or even elmax would be perfect IMO for this length Blade-Thanks again
51145d1434685699-aor-ar-dv1-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-2thumbsupb.jpg

I very much like where you are going with this. Personally the EDC falls in too closer to a folder without the convenience of one for me. The changes you speak of would address that for me.

Finder was a failed attempt at finger. The ridge separating the two groves is what caught my eye. I generally find those types of ridges as uncomfortable because they never fit my hand.

I very much like where you are going with this. Personally the EDC falls in too closer to a folder without the convenience of one for me. The changes you speak of would address that for me.

Finder was a failed attempt at finger. The ridge separating the two groves is what caught my eye. I generally find those types of ridges as uncomfortable because they never fit my hand.

I seem to recall that is where the Inkosi lost you last year as the 25 wasn't also exactly your cuppa, having identical grooves to the Inkosi.

I seem to recall that is where the Inkosi lost you last year as the 25 wasn't also exactly your cuppa, having identical grooves to the Inkosi.

The first batch example of the Inkosi I got was pretty terrible for many reasons, but over the years I've settled on the multiple finger groves and finger choils being features I often disagree with.

Lorien Lorien I've been looking for something to fill the gap between EDC and FK and that looks like a winner. What I'm really intrigued by is this Big Nessmuk Type Thing you speak of. How far are we from seeing a sketch??

Lorien Lorien I've been looking for something to fill the gap between EDC and FK and that looks like a winner. What I'm really intrigued by is this Big Nessmuk Type Thing you speak of. How far are we from seeing a sketch??

At the risk of hijacking this request I'll say I have a little interest in this project as well.

I've basically given up on modern interpretations of the Nessmuk but would be interested in something designed to be as close to the original in design as possible.

here's an older pic of the blade, there's a swedge on it now but this gives the idea;

materials-wise, obviously a CPK version would be quite different, however the blade on this guy is 3V

I hate to give an opinion of this sort, but the Nessmuk, even by Loveless, is one uckin' fugly knife and with no original functional reason to look so bad. Just my opinion, my mantra being "never buy an ugly knife". I apologize in advance if this offends anyone.

I kinda like it- would however like a full skeletonized handle-What would be the length lorien!:p

I like the Nessmuk for some reason. I like the version BHK put out but there's something about it that keeps me from buying it.

Back