What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

I think it's a bit too extreme maybe idk. I long for a modern version of what Jeff White is making for the Pathfinder Store.

That's what I meant by the grind.

I might be wrong on this but I can't reconcile a Scandi or Scandi like grind on a Nessmuk.

It's supposed to be thin and slicy, not meant for batoning. It's meant for food prep and skinning. The axe is for wood prep and the folder for small tasks like carving etc.

Like 130+ years later we're still complaining about sharpened pry bars.

That's what I meant by the grind.

I might be wrong on this but I can't reconcile a Scandi or Scandi like grind on a Nessmuk.

It's supposed to be thin and slicy, not meant for batoning. It's meant for food prep and skinning. The axe is for wood prep and the folder for small tasks like carving etc.

Like 130+ years later we're still complaining about sharpened pry bars.

Yea they make a FFG version I think but I agree.. I have no use for a scandi on something with that purpose.

I won't speak for Bob but I believe the Skinner and the UF are missing from his collection at the moment.

Something from earlier I knew I hadn't replied to. I am still missing the skinner but not actively on the hunt for one, though a possible opportunity exists on acquiring one. As for UFs, I would love a second and a third, but for now I'll just have to settle for the luck I've already had.

Hey now! What is the blade length proposed? I like it. Lorien, are you coming to the ICCE show in KC?

around 4", and that show ain't in the cards for me this time around. Really hope we get a Seattle show again some time in the future

Something from earlier I knew I hadn't replied to. I am still missing the skinner but not actively on the hunt for one, though a possible opportunity exists on acquiring one. As for UFs, I would love a second and a third, but for now I'll just have to settle for the luck I've already had.

Oooooo Bob did you get that Cocobolo one from Bladeshow?!

Really hope we get a Seattle show again some time in the future

If that happens we should have a local group meet up! I'll take you out for a fancy dinner. Well fancy for us blue collar knife Guys! Not fancy like $1000 for few people.

No, but it sure would have been nice to have that one, to match up a pair of Cocobolos.

around 4", and that show ain't in the cards for me this time around. Really hope we get a Seattle show again some time in the future

That would be sweet! I'd make a trip up there to meet y'all and maybe handle (or even purchase) some quality blades!

If that happens we should have a local group meet up! I'll take you out for a fancy dinner. Well fancy for us blue collar knife Guys! Not fancy like $1000 for few people.

For me, that would qualify within doctor's orders as to time length of flight. I would absolutely be there.

Lorien Lorien I've been looking for something to fill the gap between EDC and FK and that looks like a winner. What I'm really intrigued by is this Big Nessmuk Type Thing you speak of. How far are we from seeing a sketch??
I second this. I am intrigued also.

Also, just popped into my head, Kershaw has a folder that I can't remember the name of.. the "chill" is similar.. Volt maybe? I think it's RJ Martin-ish

More scalloped kitchen knives in AEB-L. And I want to pull out a CPK steak knife at a restaurant some day. Spread mayo/mustard/peanut butter with a thin, but wide and somewhat flexible CPK blade!

More scalloped kitchen knives in AEB-L. And I want to pull out a CPK steak knife at a restaurant some day. Spread mayo/mustard/peanut butter with a thin, but wide and somewhat flexible CPK blade!

I used one of my EDC at Ruth's Chris and had a nice conversation about it with the manager. I'll admit.. spreading butter doesn't list as a primary function for me.

This is a bit OT so far as the "next" knife from CPK goes, but my testament as to how wickedly sharp every single CPK has been right outta box! It doesn't matter if it is something with a thicker stock like say the LC, or a thinner one like the FK or even the Lil EDC; these things are so meticulously and precisely beveled at that secondary (mostly at 34 degrees inclusive IIRC) that be it the cutting a tomato test in the horizontal plane or going through a thin phone book type paper, they never snag even if tried at the coarser edge of the paper. You don't even need to push cut and the darn things just slice through under their own weight.

I've said it often that certain Spyderco folder like the Millie / PM2 which are FFG come screaming sharp out of their boxes and they are made to be cutting demons pure and simple, but honestly even they don't come a close second to how Nathan gets his tools lethally sharp. The 2016 and newer S!Ks were also impressive TBT, but Nathan's stuff is still the undisputed champ in my mind when it comes to slicing. I know that I am rambling but this is a rambling post! Even the Shiv, wow! Sliced through tomato, paper like it was shearing air!!! I know that most of us use or will use our CPK tools in real World situations as they ought to be used, but I doubt if anyone of us, and certainly not me can get an edge back on these like Nathan does. I wish I could see a video as to how he does it, but I reckon that verges on divulging trades secrets!

The thoughts of being at the wrong end of his RLC or the upcoming bladesports competition chopper or a future skinner (yes I said it) or even that potato knife! Shudders!!! After all, I almost lost a finger tip over a year ago with a $10 IKEA Knife :D

From my limited experience with the EDC, I have to agree: CPK comes wicked sharp. There have been only a handful of manufacturers I have come across who deliver similarly wicked edges, of which the sharpest have come courtesy of Rockstead.

Back